FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-29-2018, 10:41 PM
ALANRAYG2

Default Alphahawk

I always enjoyed reading Alpha's post. I haven't seen anything from him in a long while.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:24 PM
Owner and Administrator

Red face FishingTn Has lost a great long time contributor .. <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANRAYG2 View Post
I always enjoyed reading Alpha's post. I haven't seen anything from him in a long while.
Randy, is one of the most diligent fisherman that I have ever known. And one of the best contributors of wealth and information on fishing day in and day out... A man who fishes on an average of 4 days a week and is willing to help any fisherman from the novice to the pro on techniques, tackle, or anything else when it comes to catching the Scaly Face critters.

But foremost a gentleman and a genuine nice guy. His most recent postings was his Video's ... on this site ... Twenty years ago you would be buying VHS tapes to try to learn more about how to improve your Fishing game.

I spoke to Alphahawk and he said he wanted to spend more time posting his videos and any opinions elsewhere, where he thought they were more appreciated. But to be honest the riff on (7-10-18) the Rainy Lake thread from a couple of our members was a deciding factor that he decided to part ways with Fishing Tennessee ... It was just his opinion and experience is what he was expressing in the thread ... And I agree ... He was slammed pretty hard ... So thanks guys .... <'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 08-29-2018 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:04 AM
ALANRAYG2

Thanks TK. I looked up the thread you mentioned. I'm going to miss his post. I'll see if I can find his youtube. Perhaps he is still making videos.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:29 AM

Wow, due to being super busy I’ve not been on the forum much so missed that exchange. Alpha’s always been great source of info and super nice guy. After reading the post from back then I really don’t see what the big deal was. Seemed pretty friendly overall to me. Not like our tnpondmanagement garbage. Hope he stays in touch, great teacher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2018, 12:00 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Randy, is one of the most diligent fisherman that I have ever known. And one of the best contributors of wealth and information on fishing day in and day out... A man who fishes on an average of 4 days a week and is willing to help any fisherman from the novice to the pro on techniques, tackle, or anything else when it comes to catching the Scaly Face critters.

But foremost a gentleman and a genuine nice guy. His most recent postings was his Video's ... on this site ... Twenty years ago you would be buying VHS tapes to try to learn more about how to improve your Fishing game.

I spoke to Alphahawk and he said he wanted to spend more time posting his videos and any opinions elsewhere, where he thought they were more appreciated. But to be honest the riff on (7-10-18) the Rainy Lake thread from a couple of our members was a deciding factor that he decided to part ways with Fishing Tennessee ... It was just his opinion and experience is what he was expressing in the thread ... And I agree ... He was slammed pretty hard ... So thanks guys .... <'TK><

Thanks for the email TK I will just answer it here. All is well...just a little misunderstanding...no problems......Just forumed out a bit. My YouTube Channel is TroutMagnetMan. For those would like to watch I would appreciate it. I created it to really give info in English to those who may want to go down the road of purchasing gear out of Japan....and of course follow me on my journey of UL angling. I will be back on here from time to time. Still in touch with a lot of guys I made friends with on here...Merv...John.....you....and many others. Right now I am dead in the water...trolling motor bit the dust...a fellow forum member...Merv...offered to fix the lift motor for me....very appreciatetive of that but I just ordered a new one. I am also in need of spinal surgery....a knee replacement....and a hip replacement.....don’t know which one to have first...LOL. Will try and get a new post up as soon as I can. Thanks for the kind words.

Regards
Old 08-30-2018, 12:06 PM

Glad to hear all is well, and good luck on the surgeries.
My 2 oldest teenage boys have been watching your channel.

Andy

Old 08-30-2018, 03:27 PM

Randy, your first priority should to get the trolling motor replaced.

Sure hope you get all those surgeries taken care of with a minimum of down time from fishing.

Good to hear from you.
Best wishes,
Ott
Old 08-30-2018, 05:16 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutFiend View Post
Glad to hear all is well, and good luck on the surgeries.
My 2 oldest teenage boys have been watching your channel.

Andy

Tell them I said thanks for watching.

Regards
Old 08-30-2018, 05:17 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANRAYG2 View Post
Thanks for the comments Alan.....be posting again soon.

Regards
Old 08-30-2018, 05:18 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddyyak View Post
Wow, due to being super busy I’ve not been on the forum much so missed that exchange. Alpha’s always been great source of info and super nice guy. After reading the post from back then I really don’t see what the big deal was. Seemed pretty friendly overall to me. Not like our tnpondmanagement garbage. Hope he stays in touch, great teacher.

Thanks for the comment.....I’m still around.

Regards
Old 08-30-2018, 05:18 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Randy, your first priority should to get the trolling motor replaced.

Sure hope you get all those surgeries taken care of with a minimum of down time from fishing.

Good to hear from you.
Best wishes,
Ott
Oh yes Ott....trolling motor is on the way....LOL.

Regards
Old 08-30-2018, 10:26 PM
ALANRAYG2

Alphahawk, I'm happy to be reading your posts again. I was able to find your youtube channel last night. I did watch the one with the ul rod. Very interesting indeed. Perhaps some day I will try one out for crappie.
I live down here in Columbia, so if you need any help with anything get in touch. I had my left knee replaced last Oct 25th. not too much fun in that. I'll probably have something done to the right one this year. Take Care of yourself.