FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Just gets better!

Even though the weather was going to be hot today I wanted to hit Nickajack again. Don't want to be on the road tomorrow as I am sure there will be lots of folks trying to get to and fro during and after the eclipse. I could not find the fish really stacked in one spot today. I was twitching a Bison Trout Magnet using the Tict "Ice Cube" Mebaru UL 6' 9" rod strong up with 2# test SOS line and an 18 inch section of Phantom fluorocarbon leader tied to a 1/16 pounce ball head jig with a #8 hook. I was catching fish pretty regular but it was hot and I was getting tired. So I thought back to a Jeff Smith video of what I think they were calling "Power Trolling". So I put on a Midnight Blue ThunderHawk Dancer on a Dancer 1/8 ounce jig head with a #6 hook and proceeded to troll...long line...whatever it is called...I have no rod holders so I just cast it out behind me and hold the rod and cruise along at .9-1.1 MPH. That will keep the 1/8 ounce Dancer down at the 12 foot mark. I hadn't gone 30 feet until I was hooked up with a good KY bass. I was using the track feature on my Ulterra motor so at the end of my short run I would just track back the same route. My start and end point were only about 200 yards long. I caught at least one fish each leg of the trip and sometimes 2. I had a mixture of KY bass and some Smallies. I had over 50 fish in about 4 hours of fishing. Many were Spots at the 11-12 inch mark...but some of my best are in the pics. The Smallies sure fought hard too...all the fish were "Diggin"....LOL. It was my 14th consecutive trip to Nickajack in the heat of the summer. I am including some images of what I was passing over during my trolling. As I have said before I can only anticipate how good it will be come fall and water cools off. There is a pair of eagles down there that have been putting on a good show for me each trip down...they sure are beautiful birds. Life is good!

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2017, 04:43 PM
Master Trout Magnet

More pics.

Old 08-20-2017, 04:44 PM
Master Trout Magnet

More Pics.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:47 PM

Alpha, which model depthfinfer are you using?
Old 08-20-2017, 05:58 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero320 View Post
Alpha, which model depthfinfer are you using?

It is the Helix 10 si CHIRP Mega G2N.

Regards

Old 08-21-2017, 08:08 PM

Nice! Thanks for the graph pics

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk