FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-08-2018, 07:25 PM

I purchased a Tracker 40th anniversary edition for $10,000 , was kicking myself in the azz because everybody says do not buy a depreciating asset on credit

feel so much better now lol
Old 03-08-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystratos View Post
We are also over looking 10% down or $10k cash + $692 a month..$10k cash buys a pretty decent boat in my book.
I fish out of a 19' Ranger 461vs with a 175hp Mercury EFI. I paid $7500 for it last summer. That's a lot of money to me. I got a great deal on it. I looked at many many boats and waited many many months for the right one for me. I've upgraded a lot of things on this boat and it has almost every accessory that a brand new bass boat has. But if I had several million dollars in the bank and expected to make a few more then your dang right I would buy a $100k boat.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:05 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I fish out of a 19' Ranger 461vs with a 175hp Mercury EFI. I paid $7500 for it last summer. That's a lot of money to me. I got a great deal on it. I looked at many many boats and waited many many months for the right one for me. I've upgraded a lot of things on this boat and it has almost every accessory that a brand new bass boat has. But if I had several million dollars in the bank and expected to make a few more then your dang right I would buy a $100k boat.

I’m with ya....I’d damn sure have a 100k rig if I had that kind of dough. Probably a 200k rig once the truck was factored in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2018, 10:39 PM

So maybe somebody can give me an answer i can understand. Take the name right off that boat.....just a fiberglass un branded bass boat. What on earth can they possibly put in/on that boat that is that much better than an equal size & equally equipped boat that costs say...$50k? No motor or "add ons" included. Do they use better fiber glass? Shinier glitter? Denser foam? A little lighter to go 1-2 mph faster?
If the answer to those questions is yes....is the difference that much more significant to cost a hypothetical $50k more? Dont get me wrong....im all for quality, but that carpet will rot just the same, that glass with scratch and break hitting the same rock or log, the vinyl seats will come unstitched and crack.
Is the overall quality that much better to justify the price or is somebody paying for the name cause they have been around forever?
Old 03-09-2018, 08:11 PM

...not only is the glitter shinier it is heavier;kind of like Harley Davidson's...but you knew that.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:21 PM

If anyone is looking for a nice boat... search and get one of the older Kevlar Stratos hulls. Strip it of hardware, repair the gel coat, wet sand and buff it, install all new gauges hardware, seats, carpet, trolling motor, big engine and custom trailer and have a dynamite boat that will perform with today's Bullets, Skeeters, and Allison's for half the cost.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:57 AM

It kills me that folks buy fishing boats for that much when you can get so much more boat for the money. .

I just bought a 2014 Carolina Skiff 18' JVX with Simrad GO7 series, 70hp 4-stroke Suzuki, Ipilot Minnkota, stereo and other goodies for $17k. It will fish just like a bass boat, but I can actually put other people on it without stepping on each other. It's strange to me that states just to the south of us have a lot of center consoles, but they're almost non existent up here. I think it's a great alternate to a bass boat and I've owned several bass boats over the years.

For that kind of dough I would never limit myself to a bass boat for fishing. Honestly I would never drop that kind of money on a boat, even if I had it to spend.