FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 561
Talking Hybrids in Old Hickory?

I've always heard there were no Hybrids in Old Hickory, or it was rare. Yesterday we found one while fishing out of Cairo. We were scanning bluffs in Spring Creek & Barton's, downlining shad. We caught about a dozen smaller Stripers when we pulled in our first every Hybrid on Old Hickory. Fluke? who knows, hope we can find some more!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-01-2018, 10:51 AM
agelesssone's Avatar
agelesssone agelesssone is online now
nashvillefishingguides.co
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Goodlettsville, TN
Posts: 2,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
I've always heard there were no Hybrids in Old Hickory, or it was rare. Yesterday we found one while fishing out of Cairo. We were scanning bluffs in Spring Creek & Barton's, downlining shad. We caught about a dozen smaller Stripers when we pulled in our first every Hybrid on Old Hickory. Fluke? who knows, hope we can find some more!

I got some information from a long time river rat that there ARE hybrids in OH, just hard to find/pattern.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-01-2018, 11:12 AM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
I got some information from a long time river rat that there ARE hybrids in OH, just hard to find/pattern.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Seems like the only pattern is Luck. We've caught 1000's of stripers and 1 hybrid. Is that a pattern?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-01-2018, 11:15 AM
agelesssone's Avatar
agelesssone agelesssone is online now
nashvillefishingguides.co
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Goodlettsville, TN
Posts: 2,487
Default

That's close enough to a pattern for me!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-01-2018, 12:02 PM
tkwalker's Avatar
tkwalker tkwalker is offline
Owner and Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lebanon, Tennessee
Posts: 2,547
Smile Old Hickory Hybrids <'TK><

Hybrids have been sneaking through the locks every since they stocked them in Cheatham Lake. They are rare in OH but all of my time on the river I had caught only one. But that could be because of the size of bait I was using......<'TK><
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Hybrids have been sneaking through the locks every since they stocked them in Cheatham Lake. They are rare in OH but all of my time on the river I had caught only one. But that could be because of the size of bait I was using......<'TK><
Thanks for saying that TK! Other people are telling me it's not so rare. You and I both know that's not true. This is the first one I've seen in OH.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-01-2018, 07:44 PM
Gone fishing Gone fishing is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Middle tn
Posts: 65
Default

Iíve caught 2 on OH in the past 20 years and both were at the steamplant...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone fishing View Post
Iíve caught 2 on OH in the past 20 years and both were at the steamplant...
2 in 20 years, I'd say that's pretty rare!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-01-2018, 09:56 PM
Buccaneer Buccaneer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Posts: 600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
2 in 20 years, I'd say that's pretty rare!
Itís a pattern Adrian. When youíre 68 youíll have caught 2 hybrids, maybe 3. Keep doing what youíre doing.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Itís a pattern Adrian. When youíre 68 youíll have caught 2 hybrids, maybe 3. Keep doing what youíre doing.
Oh, It's definitely a pattern. You just gotta stick with it! Question is, how do I keep my bait alive for 20 more years?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Site best viewed at 1280X1024
© FishingTN.com