FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-01-2021, 10:54 PM

Default Tims Ford this weekend

Any suggestions for Tims ford this weekend? we are gonna be camping at turkey creek, this weeekend, that is up Hurricane creek. My assumption will be crank baits. not too sure if its too early for craw pattern or should i go shad? I also got some jerk baits and lipless red eye shad. I got a boat full of takle but never fished that lake this early in the year. Assuming lake levels are not too damn low still.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:23 PM

I've not fished Tim's this year but I can say I caught 6 on a craw colored crank bait on priest Saturday. Now is the time to be throwing those.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:40 PM

Supposed to be beautiful weather... I might be out there as well. My guess is they're not ready yet .... whatever you do, do it slow...

I've never camped at Turkey creek before. Is there a place to park a truck camper ? Electrical ? Can you beach your boat near the campsite ?

Thanks for any info..
Old 03-02-2021, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaugh View Post
Supposed to be beautiful weather... I might be out there as well. My guess is they're not ready yet .... whatever you do, do it slow...

I've never camped at Turkey creek before. Is there a place to park a truck camper ? Electrical ? Can you beach your boat near the campsite ?

Thanks for any info..
turkey creek is strictly primative. No running water at site, no electric. but they have a fair bathhouse with shower and flush toilet. I am going tent with little Gennie for lights and a Mr. Buddy for heat. the sites are fairly good sized and you have the run of the place all but saturday and sunday, but they is always always a couple empty spaces to camp. The launch is a 100yds away and cant recall if i boat could be pulled up t so shore like for lunch. it definitely too far away to leave over night. If you was all the fancy stuff the best option is fairview campground. This no longer a secret hide away, I reserve over there 6-9 months in advance and there is a dozen lake side spot to pull up a boat. we are staying 2 weeks in June!! i started just storing my camper a mile up the road for the off season. So much more convenient.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
PHP Code:
[PHP
[/PHP]
Old 03-03-2021, 09:05 AM

Thanks I'll check it out. I've stayed at Fairview a few times. It's nice having the boat right next to the camper. But yep, impossible to get a site anymore.

My experiment this year is to sleep on the boat. I made a wall tent that fits my gunnels...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BIBL0035.JPG (659.0 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by Shaugh; 03-03-2021 at 09:10 AM.