FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-19-2018, 08:27 AM

Default Weekend of Fishing

Saturday headed out to the dam area on OH. Took Skillet with because he is broken down. We were targeting crappie. We caught one total; despite Skillet's guaranty that we would catch five keepers in one spot. We did manage a few blue gill and a few bass but nothing to brag about. Water temps were 51-52 degrees.

On Sunday, I headed to JPP; if for no other reason than Skillet did not use all the bait I bought for Saturday. Tried for Crappie in the area of Bryant's Grove and caught nothing. Pulled out swim baits and started trolling. Picked up seven keeper whites and an 18 in hybrid in the last 45 minutes I was on the water. Water temps 52-53 degrees.

Lessons learned. Having Skillet in the boat is like taking a skunk along. Deezltech apparently does not retrieve his lures on old hick, even when he can. Lastly, I probably need to stick with what I know because that is what produced my fish this weekend.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:15 AM

Hope you "meat hogs" didn't keep those bluegill!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 09:36 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
Saturday headed out to the dam area on OH. Took Skillet with because he is broken down. We were targeting crappie. We caught one total; despite Skillet's guaranty that we would catch five keepers in one spot. We did manage a few blue gill and a few bass but nothing to brag about. Water temps were 51-52 degrees.

On Sunday, I headed to JPP; if for no other reason than Skillet did not use all the bait I bought for Saturday. Tried for Crappie in the area of Bryant's Grove and caught nothing. Pulled out swim baits and started trolling. Picked up seven keeper whites and an 18 in hybrid in the last 45 minutes I was on the water. Water temps 52-53 degrees.

Lessons learned. Having Skillet in the boat is like taking a skunk along. Deezltech apparently does not retrieve his lures on old hick, even when he can. Lastly, I probably need to stick with what I know because that is what produced my fish this weekend.

All of your claims are totally unfair!!! We hit all the spots that I know of. You now know all of my crappie secrets. And obviously they are awesome spots!!!!

Old 03-19-2018, 09:37 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddyyak View Post

😂😂😂😂😂 they were kept but thrown back. 2 bluegill won’t feed one person.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
All of your claims are totally unfair!!! We hit all the spots that I know of. You now know all of my crappie secrets. And obviously they are awesome spots!!!!

at least the company was decent. Fishing not so much
Old 03-19-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddyyak View Post

Nah. Could not take another week of BS from TNpondmanager over that
Old 03-19-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post

You might be on to something..... I took him with me on Sunday and didn't catch a legal fish.😲

To Skillets defence, it was a really rough weekend. I spoke to many fishermen who zeroed.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezelteck View Post
You might be on to something..... I took him with me on Sunday and didn't catch a legal fish.��

To Skillets defence, it was a really rough weekend. I spoke to many fishermen who zeroed.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
With friends like him, we don't need enemies brother
Old 03-20-2018, 09:45 AM
Fishing Fool

I think i need a single person pond hopper. That way I don’t put my curse on anyone else.