FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 11-15-2018, 07:01 PM

Default Fast and muddy

Young son has high school fishing tournament out of Flipper's Saturday starting at o'dark . . .

Rules are: I'm only the captain; he runs the rods, lures, TM, everything but the big motor.

I have a plan in place (first mission: don't hit any logs). But if you HAD TO fish OH Saturday after all this rain. . . any thoughts about what artificial bait you'd start with in chocolate milk running 10 mph???

My focus will be staying OUT of the current. Suggestions like "sleep late" are acceptable, and I'm not looking to get any "inside scoops" but just wondering what you'd do if you "HAD TO."

His rods are currently rigged with a popper, zara spook, willow blade spinner, white fluke, and a #2 square bill.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:07 PM

The creeks should start clearing up by then. That way you will have cleaner water and no current. I haven't fished OH in forever but if I had to fish it I would pick up a squarebill and cover water. If that didn't work then maybe pitch a jig around. Good Luck

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 11-15-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:11 PM
Dakota S

I’ve been successful in the grass 30-50lb braid and a spinnerbait. I mean in the grass not around it. Braid works great for snapping out any slight hang ups. Also a Live Target brand frog which is the best on the market and I don’t care what anyone says. It’s the softest body with the sharpest hooks out there. I can only find them at Bass Pro around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2018, 10:44 PM

Black & Blue jig and trailer combinations. If you find less than chocolate milk waters and shad balls in the back of creeks throw a multi-blade spinnerbait with small willow leaf nickel blades or a Alabama Rig.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:54 PM

Sorry can't give any tips. Haven't fished in long time. Just crossed spencer creek on way to work and lake is up a lot. However water clarity in back of spencer creek at 109 looked pretty good considering the rain we have had. Might set up for top water bite if they don't drop the bottom out of lake. I hope y'all have a great day.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:20 PM

The back od Bledsoe Creek had a good color to it this afternoon. Definitely not muddy.