FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-17-2018, 09:19 PM

Default Old hickory this week

Had some time off and hit old hickory Wednesday-Friday. Cold and windy Wednesday. Hit station camp. One short and one nice one that I lost at the boat, both on silver blue back rattle trap in about 5 foot near rocks. Thursday hit drakes creek and it was miserable. So windy could not hold on anything and cast went everywhere. At one point got grounded in shallow water and every time I got free the wind blew me right back. Friday hit cages bend and caught 2 small keepers. One on squarebill the other on a ned rig. Both on points. Best water temp I found was way back in cages at 56, everywhere else was 50-52.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2018, 10:25 PM

I haven't spent much time on OH this year but the time I have has been fruitless. Something seems off to me. I just haven't caught many fish for whatever reason.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:48 PM
Sunfish Assassin

Looked pretty nasty out there today working on a lake house around shutes branch area and steady 4 ft rollers in the afternoon, I saw a center console bow to the sky and saw him multiple times out goofing off, in those conditions thats down right dangerous. Texas rig maybe all this rain and constant high generation and up ad down weather might be contributing.

Good luck guys going trolling either on cheatham or old hick tomorrow am

Last edited by TnCreekMaster; 03-17-2018 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:43 PM

It was 54-55 in the back of Cedar Creek this morning. Caught a 5lb LM on a spinner bait and three other small ones. All in 2-3’ along rock banks.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
It was 54-55 in the back of Cedar Creek this morning. Caught a 5lb LM on a spinner bait and three other small ones. All in 2-3’ along rock banks.
That's a good one. If you told me I could go catch ten 3 lb bass or one 5lber, then I would take the one 5lber every day of the week. Nice catch.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:56 PM
Dakota S

Fished cages bend and cedar creek area this morning. Started with a spinnerbait but no takers the first hour. Started throwing a Havoc Pit boss and skipped it under hanging trees and smack I had my first bite it was a chunky 15’ keeper. Unfortunately that was my first and last bite. Also threw a topwater prop bait but no bites. Warmest water I found was 54.6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2018, 08:56 PM
Sunfish Assassin

Trolled in drakes creek today and it was a drum and catfish kinda day had 4 cats over 10lbs, one was caught on 2lb test, went all the way to cedar creek and more of the same water was around 57 in the creeks and the main river was 51-52 and a little dingy the creeks were clearer.