FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-14-2018, 01:54 PM
Fishing Fool

Default Old hick 2-9

Need a little help from the electronics gurus. Did some scouting and fishing Friday, and caught 0. Not a bite. Not a whiff. Not even a leaf!! I located what I thought might be bait with fish around them. Dropped a drop shot with a 3” fluke on them and nothing. Damiki rig, nothing. Jigged a blade bait, nothing. Backed off and threw an underspin with a fluke and another with a paddle tail swimbait. Nothing. So, I idled around and took pictures of my depth finder. I was as lost as last years Easter egg on Christmas morning. Still am kinda....🤷🏻*♂️

Well, I would post pics but having issues. Maybe TK will help me out. If he’s in a generous/helping mood!!! 😉😉

Never mind TK....I played with it and fingered it out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by skillet; 02-14-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:58 PM
Fishing Fool

Old 02-14-2018, 02:09 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Not Me ... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Need a little help from the electronics gurus. Did some scouting and fishing Friday, and caught 0. Not a bite. Not a whiff. Not even a leaf!! I located what I thought might be bait with fish around them. Dropped a drop shot with a 3” fluke on them and nothing. Damiki rig, nothing. Jigged a blade bait, nothing. Backed off and threw an underspin with a fluke and another with a paddle tail swimbait. Nothing. So, I idled around and took pictures of my depth finder. I was as lost as last years Easter egg on Christmas morning. Still am kinda....����*♂️

Well, I would post pics but having issues. Maybe TK will help me out. If he’s in a generous/helping mood!!! ����

Skillet, glad you figured it out ... I am limited when it comes to Pic skills other than attachments such as jpeg, etc ... These full page pic posts from phones is beyond my expertise which is next to nil .... In the future may need some help from Alpha or Merv .... <'TK>< PS. in that top pic, what is that big pile of something with a red top ?

Old 02-14-2018, 02:14 PM
Fishing Fool

That’s a big pile of awesomeness with an awesome hat on!!!! 😉

Old 02-14-2018, 02:16 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Yep .. <'tk><

Quote:
that’s a big pile of awesomeness with an awesome hat on!!!! 😉

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
lol !!
Old 02-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Master Trout Magnet

You have what appears to me to be schooling fish...white bass...maybe crappie...maybe trash fish. I see water temp is 43 degrees. I can tell you from experience that white bass will at times not hit anything in cold water. I took a friend to Nickajack about 2 weeks back that told me he would not have believed it had he not been with me. My di was a lit up like a Christmas tree and yet fishing the Dancer...which is about 2 inches long...they would not hit it. We tried underspins...no go there either. We could feel our lures going across their backs. Only when I switched to a tungsten jig head and a Trout Magnet did we start catching fish...and none of them had it down their throat like white bass usually do. They were all barely hooked in the lip. I had the same thing happen a week ago by myself. No you don’t need a Trout Magnet to catch fish when they get like this but my point is they wanted something really small.....lots of good micro jigs on the market.....I carry a marabou jigs with me for a case like this also. It drives me nuts when this happens. I can bet you when the water gets to low 50’s I won’t need to finesse fish for them...they will rip the rod out of my hand...LOL. That’s my take on it anyway. Of course until you catch something that is under you all of us are really just taking an educated guess as to what the fish are on sonar. Of course all of us have days where we can’t buy a bite also.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2018, 03:53 PM

"Last years Easter egg on Christmas morning " that had me rolling.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:19 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Need a little help from the electronics gurus. Did some scouting and fishing Friday, and caught 0. Not a bite. Not a whiff. Not even a leaf!! I located what I thought might be bait with fish around them. Dropped a drop shot with a 3” fluke on them and nothing. Damiki rig, nothing. Jigged a blade bait, nothing. Backed off and threw an underspin with a fluke and another with a paddle tail swimbait. Nothing. So, I idled around and took pictures of my depth finder. I was as lost as last years Easter egg on Christmas morning. Still am kinda....🤷🏻*♂️

Well, I would post pics but having issues. Maybe TK will help me out. If he’s in a generous/helping mood!!! 😉😉

My take would be that you are looking at a big bunch of bait, i.e. threadfin shad or small gizzard.
You won't get it if that's the case.
It could also be a case of a gazillion smallish bluegills, too small to hit anything castable.
I've seen that outside the locks on the downstream side of OH dam. I brought a castnet the last time and threw it three times into a mess like that. Each time I came up with about 20 small bluegills ranging in size from 3-4 inches up to 6 inches. Didn't catch any 7-9 inchers in that mess.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:23 PM

Talking

You are Awesome but the HAT well I beg to Differ!!!
Old 02-14-2018, 10:25 PM
Fishing Fool

I appreciate yalls educated guesses. As y’all can see, it was stacked and thick. Even on the side imaging. I was thinking it was either bait, or small pan fish. But still was hoping a mother load of bass was around them. I tried 4 or five different color flukes. I went as far as cutting my 3” fluke down to about 2” and still nothing. It was just a frustrating day. Didn’t help the water color out in creek channels and main river ledges. Chocolate milk don’t begin to describe it. And the trash was horrible too. When I was jigging the blade bait I started off just barely moving it. After about 5-10 minutes of nothing and floating off of the schools, I pulled back up on them and started ripping it up hoping to just snag something to see what it was but no dice. Oh well I guess. Just have to wait and see what happens come Saturday when I get out there again.