FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default More Spots.

Spent a little less than 4 hours at Nickajack today. Had a great day. Met my fishing buddy James down there today. He also caught quite a few Spots. Caught around 17 fish. Had 2 KY bass at the 15 inch mark and another 13 between 11-12 inches. A lot of fun with the UL rod using a Bison colored Trout Magnet on SOS 2# test line. Had several catfish today at about 21-22 inches. They really stretched the 2# test but sure were fun. I am really excited to fish down there come fall..... when the KY bass fishing is generally on fire. The place is loaded with Spots. I am showing 2 sonar images. The one that has the depth marked at 10 feet is obviously a big fish. About 45 seconds after snapping the image a huge catfish swam slowly out from under my boat...... water was very clear today. It was every bit of 3 foot long or more.....a really big cat. The 2nd image at the 18 feet depth is another very big fish. It is only a guess but sure looks like it could be a sturgeon. All in all a great day. A special thanks to James for helping me load my boat up. That ramp is as slick as grease down there. Life is good!

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Master Trout Magnet

More pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2017, 05:57 PM

Thanks for all the reports. I tried some of the 2 lb test up on the Cumberland below Burkesville last fall. Hit a monster rainbow, but lost it at the bat due to a little miscommunication between the pilot and I. I plan to hang with it as soon as I get back up that way.