FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-17-2018, 11:43 PM

Default New Garmin Transducer

Last week or so i seen that Garmin has entered the Megahertz realm. Ultra High Definition is what they are calling it.
You buy a transducer and a black box...compatible with alot of thier newer units.
The short video i seen on it, it looks pretty sweet. $600 for the transducer setup. Im no guru so apples to apples i have no idea how it compares to HB, but more options is never a bad thing when it comes to spending money on our toys. Lol
Old 03-18-2018, 03:33 PM

Don't spend money on Updates.

Buy a new unit from HB or Law it will pay for it's self.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:24 PM

Lmao! Actually i will be paying for it. Last i checked HB doesnt give thier mega units away to nice guys. Lol. I wouldnt put another lowrance on my boat if it was given to me.
But yeah, i know you mean. Lol
Old 03-19-2018, 07:32 PM
Owner and Administrator

Thumbs down Yep .... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
Lmao! Actually i will be paying for it. Last i checked HB doesnt give thier mega units away to nice guys. Lol. I wouldnt put another lowrance on my boat if it was given to me.
But yeah, i know you mean. Lol
You have got that right !! .... <'TK><
Old 03-19-2018, 08:35 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
Last week or so i seen that Garmin has entered the Megahertz realm. Ultra High Definition is what they are calling it.

You buy a transducer and a black box...compatible with alot of thier newer units.

The short video i seen on it, it looks pretty sweet. $600 for the transducer setup. Im no guru so apples to apples i have no idea how it compares to HB, but more options is never a bad thing when it comes to spending money on our toys. Lol

I had seen where they were getting into the hi res game an was wondering if my junk would be compatible. I need to do some research. Not like I know what the hell im looking at usually anyways. These “pros” kill me. Lookin at a graph and knowing the difference between species of fish. All I see is a damn dot or an arch. WTH???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 10:00 PM

Seriously, check the specs on it, there is a long list of units that the Hi Def transducer is compatible with. Yours may be on that list. The shots i seen were pretty impressive.
Ive not seen live images of Mega...just demo in store which i personally dont put much credit into....just my opinion. But if a guy already has a compatible unit.....$600 is a good price point in my opinion.
Plus, if it is comparable image quality wise, Birds prices will drop. Which that in itself is great.
I dont know everything im looking at either really. I can take some educated guesses, but thats about it.