FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-21-2020, 10:55 AM

Default Dementia

Dementia is a ugly disease of the mind... I think I'd rather die of something that will have a defined end rather then sit there and not know what is happening around or not be able to communicate with those around me. When he does talk, its like listening to a 3 yr old telling a tale. Yesterday he told me that he had to sleep at the legion because he didn't know how to get home and he wanted a telephone so he could call home. Another time he told me that there was a Chinese man "Back There" in his room... I asked him what if there was a Chinese man back there and he was saying that there was a frenchman out there sitting in the hallway... He just shrugs.. Every day its something different and he will repeat himself every 15 mins... He has no concept of time either.

I have been up here in NB Canada since before Christmas dealing with my father estate. He was found by a neighbor on the floor at his home last July and has been hospitalized since. I spent since Sept until the middle of Jan trying to obtain a lawyer to hire to get power of attorney in order to place him in a full care facility. I finally got the judge to sign off on the order yesterday... $4000 and a month later I'm his legal guardian. I hope to get him settle in a new facility in the next week or two.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:17 PM

Default Update...

I met with the states of main social worker this past Friday for the final evaluation. She was very sympathetic and understanding of what I have been going through with trying to find a laywer and being strung along for several months by another and now the process with dealing with a part time social worker delaying the process couse she was only in 2 days a week... Long story short she is making my father top priority this monday to have him processed and to be put on the list for the home I want for him to go to. The list is subitted to the home on Wednesday and he will be able to move in by Friday.

At this point I do not have to remain here any longer as everything is signed and documented, however I told them that if he's on the list for entry by Wens, I will stay for Friday to help with the transition. I want to be there to help my father adjust if its possible with his mental state. Otherwise I'm gonna have to leave to go home. Its going to take me a day to pack. load the pickup and close the house down. Then it will be a 2.5 - 3 day drive home. I have done everything I can do at this point...

I have never been away from home for 2.5 mos before. I'm not going to say I'm home sick, but I will say I miss my life, going fishing, cooking on my smoker, eating Mexican foods.. Not to mention the SALT...!!!! Omy god, I have a 1/4" build up of road salt crusting my poor truck. I cant wait to get home and take out the pressure washer and clean every aspect of the body and frame inside and out. If there is a hole somewhere, I'll be shoving the wand to it heavy with the industrial soap... thank god I have a 5 gal bucket in the shop.

This whole experience has been very humbling as well as expensive... Hey $7 for a gal of milk... It costs me $20 -$25 everytime I eat out. Just talk something you like and double it and in some cases like a T bone steak and triple it. That is how much it costs to live up here.

I'd like to thank the couple of guys that I have never met that have reached out. You have no idea of how just a few kind words has helped. I have no family in Tenn and my 2 two best friends 20 and 35 yrs that were very dear to me have since passed away... Being a over the road trucker makes it hard to meet like minded people and I tend to be more on the introvert side, this is why I bought a boat. OK enough of the mushy... I hope to be home in a couple weeks... Taxes are waiting for me and we don't want to piss of uncle sam.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:34 PM
Owner and Administrator

Unhappy Mmmmm <'TK><

We feel for you my friend, I've had a similar situation with my Mother but the distance was only 20 miles and not 2000.. Now we have a similar situation with my sister-in-law that lives in Savannah, Ga.... We will be glad when your home also ... TK
Old 03-07-2020, 07:49 AM

Final update; I was able to place him in the home Thursday. He was aware he no longer in the hospital and seemed to be settling in well that morning but later that afternoon he seemed agitated. I'll be seeing him this morning to see how he's settling in before finishing packing and shutting his house down. I'll be beginning my trek home in the morning. I can't wait...

Anyhow this is my last post about this subject matter... Be well and leave some fish for me to catch... cause I will need some fishing therapy when I get home
Old 03-07-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
Final update; I was able to place him in the home Thursday. He was aware he no longer in the hospital and seemed to be settling in well that morning but later that afternoon he seemed agitated. I'll be seeing him this morning to see how he's settling in before finishing packing and shutting his house down. I'll be beginning my trek home in the morning. I can't wait...

Anyhow this is my last post about this subject matter... Be well and leave some fish for me to catch... cause I will need some fishing therapy when I get home
Good to know you have things in better order. Have a safe trip home. My offer still stands to have lunch when you return.
I assure you that I have left fish in the waters.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:46 PM

I'm glad you are able to get back to some form of normalcy. Have you made it back yet?