FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 04-18-2018, 08:24 PM

Default Old hickory today

Was real excited to have the day off and no rain. Add to that all the great catches on hick in the last week and I was hyped. Got the living ?$(# kicked out of me today with 20-25 mph wind gust. Stayed in cages bend everyone that was out was deep in coves ducking the wind. Water temp around 59 most places. Caught 2 13' LMB on Ned rig hula grub and a dang drum that had me excited. All came in rocks within 5 feet of each other within 5 minutes of each other. The other 3 hours were a bust. Everyone I talked with only had a few small fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2018, 09:47 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddyyak View Post
Was real excited to have the day off and no rain. Add to that all the great catches on hick in the last week and I was hyped. Got the living ?$(# kicked out of me today with 20-25 mph wind gust. Stayed in cages bend everyone that was out was deep in coves ducking the wind. Water temp around 59 most places. Caught 2 13' LMB on Ned rig hula grub and a dang drum that had me excited. All came in rocks within 5 feet of each other within 5 minutes of each other. The other 3 hours were a bust. Everyone I talked with only had a few small fish.

I hate to hear that. But atleast it wasn’t a complete bust. Trust me, I’ve had a 💩load of those this year and all the hard work paid off last weekend. I was considering taking up tap dancing or needlepoint it’s been so bad.