FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-09-2019, 08:38 AM

Default Question about Digitaka Tackle

Looking for any of you who have done business with Digitaka Tackle. I purchased a rod from their site on 12-28-18 and payed using the PayPal option. I have sent them a couple emails and have gotten no response. I have bought several JDM reels from overseas (Ichiban Tackle and Ebay) and never had any trouble. Is poor communication normal with Digitaka or should i be worried? Thanks, Scott
Old 01-09-2019, 10:14 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by twohands25 View Post
Looking for any of you who have done business with Digitaka Tackle. I purchased a rod from their site on 12-28-18 and payed using the PayPal option. I have sent them a couple emails and have gotten no response. I have bought several JDM reels from overseas (Ichiban Tackle and Ebay) and never had any trouble. Is poor communication normal with Digitaka or should i be worried? Thanks, Scott
Digitaka is closed 21 December through January 11th....thus the slow communication. Normally they respond the next day. I have an order that just shipped yesterday. I have been dealing with Digitaka for 5 years.......bought a lot of gear. They are highly reputable and if you are buying a JDM reel you can look far and wide I doubt you will find anyone who can beat their prices. It is a well known fact they sell their reels on a very low margin. Just helped a guy out down in Georgia purchase his first JDM gear through Digitaka. I wouldn't be worried.....will take them a little time to catch up when their staff returns to work. For future reference if you order during New Years time frame....and Christmas......they close down for a few weeks. They also have some local holiday periods they close for that long also. They always post on the website when they will be closed. I went through same on my order at Christmas time. During normal working days my orders arrive here no more than 5 business days.

Regards
Old 01-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Master Trout Magnet

By the way you may or may not know I have a YouTube channel about JDM gear....all for UL fishing but the order process is same be it for bass gear or UL gear. You may find some of the info helpful. The channel is TroutMagnetMan.

Regards
Old 01-09-2019, 06:47 PM

Thanks Randy. I ordered a Major Craft Triple Cross. Looking forward to it.

Scott
Old 01-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Thanks Randy. I ordered a Major Craft Triple Cross. Looking forward to it.

Scott
The guy in Georgia I walked through the process ordered 2 Triple Cross Ajing Rods.......a Tict Ice Cube.....and off of Global Rakuten, an Olympic Graphiteleader Super Corto. He’s gonna have a lot of fun....LOL.

Regards
Old 04-08-2019, 08:00 AM

Hey Randy, I have fished the Triple Cross TCX-T682AJI for a while now and love it. Gonna get another JDM. Do you have a recommendation for my next one. Something to compliment the one I've got. What are the advantages to solid vs tubular tipped rods? I wouldn't mind another TCX but feel like I want to mix it up a little. Maybe a Corto? Thanks again for your time, Scott
Old 04-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Hey Randy, I have fished the Triple Cross TCX-T682AJI for a while now and love it. Gonna get another JDM. Do you have a recommendation for my next one. Something to compliment the one I've got. What are the advantages to solid vs tubular tipped rods? I wouldn't mind another TCX but feel like I want to mix it up a little. Maybe a Corto? Thanks again for your time, Scott
The solid tips are better for working and casting soft plastics. You won't go wrong with the Corto....but it is an ajing rod like the Triple Cross...albeit a much better one with the solid tip. I would suggest you get a mebaru rod if you want a softer action to fish for crappie...gills.....and such.

Regards