FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Equipment For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 12-18-2018, 08:35 PM

Default Boat wanted

Boat found !

Last edited by Flatline; 01-05-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
WANTED 14' to 17' Aluminum semi V fishing boat like a LOWES / Bass Tracker / Alumicraft. Prefer all alum weld hull, 35 to 70 hp OB motor ( must run good ) with all the options like trolling motor, fish finder, ect...

Might want to give these a look at...

https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa...770197729.html

https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa...759502990.html
Old 12-20-2018, 05:43 PM

Thumbs up

That Lund looks like a great deal.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:04 PM

Seems like kind of a weird way to post a "wanted" comment; but it sounds like your budget is <$15k, and you want "new."

If this is your first rodeo shopping for boats, welcome to the show . . . it can be frustrating (both buying and selling). You're gonna look at a LOT of turkeys before you stumble upon an old eagle.

Since Tracker is specifically noted in your options, here's your boat: https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=4883

Like all options, you get to pick TWO:
1) Good
2) Fast
3) Cheap
But you just get 2.

My advice: shop engines. Check the compression numbers, check the lower unit lube for "milk." Run it. Careful with boats' fuel tanks. Internal (especially aluminum) tanks can provide numerous problems by way of the alcohol issues in today's gas. You're buying the engine, not the part that floats. When buying used, try to buy one that is BEING USED.

To me, boats are not hard to work on; and it's enjoyable to make them your own with your own work. Get a good engine, and the carpet, wood . . . almost everything else can be fixed or replaced.

BTW: my 16' boat is almost 20 years old, but it sells (used) for FAR more than that boat I linked to above (yep - garage kept and in excellent condition). Most of us who use our boats, know very well what they're worth (that's why so many are more than 20 years old).

Good luck.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:45 PM

Tonight I finally figured out what my issue has been the last 6 months... trust. Everything is 30 yrs old... even 20 + yrs is the same, trust. I distrust the fact that the good life has been sucked out of the boat/motor. What is the point of spending 4 grand on a boat then there is that chance the motor will blow and now you're spending another 5 grand for a motor. I found a couple nice 04 Bass Trackers in my area but no title with no interest of obtaining one either...

So my initial budget was 3-4 grand hoping for a 6 grand boat... but they just aren't out there.. at least not what I want.

I did some soul searching and I've made a tentative deal on a 2016 LOWES Stinger 175 with a 60 Merc 4 stroke. He's added a $700 finder, updated trolling motor to a 24v 80#, letting me have all the extras like life jackets oars, ect.. comes with a 3 bank charger and has warranty until 2021 Priced under the nada price and I've looked at boat trader and way under what those folks are asking for by several grand... Bottom line its take over payments and its all about the details now. If everything goes well I'll own my first boat in a couple weeks.

This is the boat

https://youtu.be/vL2Viz3cGdM
Old 12-22-2018, 05:46 AM

You should be very happy with that choice.