FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-21-2018, 10:43 AM

Default The Ultimate Noodle

We (me and son's buddy) went out using the noodles Saturday morning and managed about 10 eating sized cats..Use Chicken breast and we would have caught ore but they are very shallow..like 2-3 ft shallow now.. Hard to get a bass boat in that shallow..Also the black nose crappie are still hitiing black and chartuese jigs in the lakes in about 5ft of water..
Old 05-21-2018, 10:31 PM
ALANRAYG2

Many years ago and in Ohio I use to jug fish for cats. I would carry a rod and reel to cast to the faster jugs. I fished the jugs about 2 feet deep and the lake was about 4 to 5 foot deep. we used live creek chubs, the bigger the better. Many times the cats would run from the boat and we would cast to the jugs and snag the line under them. We had cats pull down one gallon bleach bottles and hold them down. We would get excited but we never got one of those into the boat. Seemed they would always get off. We were only allowed to use electric motors or oars on this lake. that was many many years ago !!!