FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 04-26-2018, 12:40 AM

Default Center Hill Lake 4-25-2018

Been to Center Hill a few times on a houseboat but fished it last week for the first time on a boat and lost a pretty nice one, decided to go back for redemption.

Went back Wednesday after all the rain we got and had 2 largemouth and a couple small spotted bass. First largemouth in pic was just under 4lbs. All caught with a finesse aproach.. I havent caught many fish on anything other than a ned rig style bait this year. Hoping the top water bite picks up on Old Hickory soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180425_234941_848.jpg (962.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180425_235242_848.jpg (46.8 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by tylerreid1234; 04-26-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:43 AM

Beautiful fish.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:04 AM

How was the water color after all this rain? Thinking about heading up there this weekend.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:08 AM

Nice catches.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehick176 View Post
How was the water color after all this rain? Thinking about heading up there this weekend.
I was wondering the same heading down there yesterday, but it wasnt much different from last week before the rain.. probably 4ft clarity, I put in at Edgar Evins.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:48 PM

Fished the hill again today. The bite is still really good. We caught good numbers of Largemouth and Smallmouth today but our size was down. We didn't catch a 3lber all morning but numbers were good. Most of our fish were in 3-10 fow. Clear water on the lower end. The lake has fallen about 1.5 feet since last week. 60 degree water temp today no matter where I went.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerreid1234 View Post
Been to Center Hill a few times on a houseboat but fished it last week for the first time on a boat and lost a pretty nice one, decided to go back for redemption.

Went back Wednesday after all the rain we got and had 2 largemouth and a couple small spotted bass. First largemouth in pic was just under 4lbs. All caught with a finesse aproach.. I havent caught many fish on anything other than a ned rig style bait this year. Hoping the top water bite picks up on Old Hickory soon.
Nice fish and great pictures
Old 04-26-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
Fished the hill again today. The bite is still really good. We caught good numbers of Largemouth and Smallmouth today but our size was down. We didn't catch a 3lber all morning but numbers were good. Most of our fish were in 3-10 fow. Clear water on the lower end. The lake has fallen about 1.5 feet since last week. 60 degree water temp today no matter where I went.

Man, I should have went there today. Ended up at Barton’s Creek and did alright. What type lures/technique were y’all using today?

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutFiend View Post
Man, I should have went there today. Ended up at Barton’s Creek and did alright. What type lures/technique were y’all using today?

Andy

I caught most of my fish on a texas rigged SK Rage bug(blue craw). I did catch 3 on a jerkbait and 2 on a spinnerbait. I really wish I had thrown the jerkbait more. I didn't pick it up until the last hour and still only made about 20 casts with it. The only good fish I had on all day was a smallmouth that was over 4lbs, and it spit my jerkbait when in came up and jumped.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I caught most of my fish on a texas rigged SK Rage bug(blue craw). I did catch 3 on a jerkbait and 2 on a spinnerbait. I really wish I had thrown the jerkbait more. I didn't pick it up until the last hour and still only made about 20 casts with it. The only good fish I had on all day was a smallmouth that was over 4lbs, and it spit my jerkbait when in came up and jumped.

Thanks for the help, I am trying to focus on that lake the most since I have moved and it’s closest to me now. Just a lot different than OH and JPP

Andy

Old 04-28-2018, 09:27 PM

Nice fish, was going to go back today but fighting a cold so decided not to , a buddy has fished it several nights last week and was hitting them pretty good on a shakey head with a watermelon red baby brush hog most right on the bank