FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-06-2016, 09:07 AM

Default Fishing commercials :(

So I recently got the World fishing network channel, I enjoy it. I have noticed how bad the fishing commercials are. Not like local mom and pop stores but Strike king, South bend, Yamamoto. Terrible production value. Ok enough of that I am back to watching Chad actually not fish a stocked private lake
Old 02-06-2016, 09:04 PM

You are fortunate to live in a country where you can pay $200 a month to watch fooking commercials.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
You are fortunate to live in a country where you can pay $200 a month to watch fooking commercials.

It's not 200 a month and yes I do live in the greatest country in the world and see no reason to apologize for that. I was just stating that the commercials are terrible. You would think this day in age the fishing industry could do better but then again maybe's it's just because they are in HD on my Big screen TV.... thank God for the DVR the shows are recorded on so I can fast forward and get back to watching fishing. Carry on now.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:05 AM

Juice, my dislike for commercials was not to criticize you. I am disgusted with the $$ we pay for TV and have to watch 20 minutes of commercials during a 30 minute show.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Master Trout Magnet

In the past few years my winter fishing has slowed down considerably. The fishing shows help me get through. Most of the commercials are terrible. You would think with all they money the production of the commercials would be much better. There are only a few shows I really look forward to watching...Jarrett Edwards Outdoors....because he is a light line fishing guy......In-Fisherman....because of multi specie..... Angling Edge with Al Lindner shows for multi specie......Brush Pile Fishing and any crappie show. Many of the fishing shows themselves seem like just one big advertisement. I do learn some things from them though.

Regards
Old 02-07-2016, 10:58 AM

Alpha I think you just about hit the nail on the head. I like those shows too. There are a few that seem like long winded infomercials. I do like the MLF bass tournament shows. It's all good Sambolie. I just wanted to make sure you were not telling me to check my privilege bro DVR has ruined me, hell its ruined my 2 year old. If he's watching something and a commercial comes on he expects us to fast forward through it for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Fishing TN Staff

We had WFN for a while, and then down sized our package because we just weren't watching enough TV to justify it. The only thing we really missed are some of the fishing, hunting, and shooting shows, so we sucked it up and got the sports shows back. As far as commercials, they are not that great, but the commercials are how the shows are paid for, and it's not the show who makes the commercials it's the manufacturer of the product in the commercial.