FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-03-2020, 09:31 PM
Flatline Flatline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Rome, Tn
Posts: 385
Default 4-3 CH update

I went to CH today for a little water therapy and was met at the Edgar Evans #2 ramp by the park ranger ( camp ground is closed and blocked off)... Anyhow the park is closed by 6 pm now and he told me he wasn't sure just how much longer we would be allowed to use the ramps. As of right moment the park is open to access the ramp, but for how long... who knows.



On the bright side he stated that the Indian Creek ramp is a public ramp and the park doesn't control it.

BTW, the waters was real nice today making water therapy very soothing. Then come afternoon it got slightly breezy, but it was still nice. I think I'm done fishing for a while...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-04-2020, 12:29 AM
Schleprock's Avatar
Schleprock Schleprock is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Crossville
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I went to CH today for a little water therapy and was met at the Edgar Evans #2 ramp by the park ranger ( camp ground is closed and blocked off)... Anyhow the park is closed by 6 pm now and he told me he wasn't sure just how much longer we would be allowed to use the ramps. As of right moment the park is open to access the ramp, but for how long... who knows.



On the bright side he stated that the Indian Creek ramp is a public ramp and the park doesn't control it.

BTW, the waters was real nice today making water therapy very soothing. Then come afternoon it got slightly breezy, but it was still nice. I think I'm done fishing for a while...
Fishing or staying home listening to all the bad news? Easy decision imo

btw did you get the water temps?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-04-2020, 02:38 PM
Flatline Flatline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Rome, Tn
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
Fishing or staying home listening to all the bad news? Easy decision imo

btw did you get the water temps?



Water is a foot above summer pool avg temp around 62*
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-08-2020, 08:41 PM
Schleprock's Avatar
Schleprock Schleprock is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Crossville
Posts: 342
Default

Went to CH last Saturday, was wrecked, water level higher than I ever seen it, from the water level up so high boat traffic had washed all the debris and dirt from the bank so it was chocolate milk with a topping of leaves, twigs, scum and everything else , I'm guessing this is going to be the new level since the dam is fixed , trees and shrubs are submerged so should make for some interesting fishing in the future but I couldn't buy a bite , threw a spinnerbait a texas rigged creature bait , a merthiolate floating worm , a few jigs and even tried to throw a whopper plopper but with all the debris was impossible
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-09-2020, 09:42 AM
Flatline Flatline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Rome, Tn
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
Went to CH last Saturday, was wrecked, water level higher than I ever seen it, from the water level up so high boat traffic had washed all the debris and dirt from the bank so it was chocolate milk with a topping of leaves, twigs, scum and everything else , I'm guessing this is going to be the new level since the dam is fixed , trees and shrubs are submerged so should make for some interesting fishing in the future but I couldn't buy a bite , threw a spinnerbait a texas rigged creature bait , a merthiolate floating worm , a few jigs and even tried to throw a whopper plopper but with all the debris was impossible

I had launched at Edgar Evans and didn't see hardly any one there or debris, but when I boated up past the Hurricane bridge launch, they were shoulder to shoulder there, ramp was full and debris and trash was like you said.. it was horrible and you really had to watch for submerged and floating trash, trees & logs, more so in that immediate area and bend.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-09-2020, 08:20 PM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 1,012
Default

I went to CH yesterday and put in at Cove Hollow. Water was pretty clean and no debris. Water temps were 66-70. Fishing was pretty tough but we managed about 8-10 fish a piece. We caught everything fishing flooded bushes and trees. I caught my fish on a spinnerbait, swimbait, a couple flipping, and one on a buzzbait. There was somewhat of a pattern but it was still pretty random. Most of our fish came at the mouth of main lake pockets and creeks and a few on secondary points in those pockets. The weird thing is you could fish 5 seemingly identical spots and catch 3 or 4 on one spot and not a bite on the others. We caught mostly smallmouth and I didnít see any sign of any fish already spawned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 14B27FFC-8E77-41DF-B5C3-9A0CDA89C8AF.jpeg (2.90 MB, 44 views)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-10-2020, 08:17 AM
buickfan70 buickfan70 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: gracey ky
Posts: 87
Default

Nice smallmouth!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-10-2020, 08:37 AM
FishAddict FishAddict is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hendersonville
Posts: 153
Default

Nice to see someone catching some fish
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Flatline Flatline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Rome, Tn
Posts: 385
Default

I don't get it.. Seems we're fishing with the same baits in the same areas and nothing... (scratching head)



Glad someone is producing..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-10-2020, 11:10 AM
tkwalker's Avatar
tkwalker tkwalker is offline
Owner and Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lebanon, Tennessee
Posts: 2,838
Smile Mmmmm <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I don't get it.. Seems we're fishing with the same baits in the same areas and nothing... (scratching head)



Glad someone is producing..
You've got to keep your worms warm ...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-10-2020, 11:35 AM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I don't get it.. Seems we're fishing with the same baits in the same areas and nothing... (scratching head)



Glad someone is producing..
We didn’t catch anything in the backs of the pockets or creeks. Everything was in the mouth or the first couple secondary points. You couldn’t call your shots but it wasn’t extremely tough either. Flatter points were the best pattern.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-11-2020, 11:15 PM
Schleprock's Avatar
Schleprock Schleprock is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Crossville
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I went to CH yesterday and put in at Cove Hollow. Water was pretty clean and no debris. Water temps were 66-70. Fishing was pretty tough but we managed about 8-10 fish a piece. We caught everything fishing flooded bushes and trees. I caught my fish on a spinnerbait, swimbait, a couple flipping, and one on a buzzbait. There was somewhat of a pattern but it was still pretty random. Most of our fish came at the mouth of main lake pockets and creeks and a few on secondary points in those pockets. The weird thing is you could fish 5 seemingly identical spots and catch 3 or 4 on one spot and not a bite on the others. We caught mostly smallmouth and I didnít see any sign of any fish already spawned.
Nice fish, pretty sure I just suck at fishing or at least adjusting to conditions but my buddy called me after I went and said they slayed them in the same area I got skunked on although they did fish later in the day and into the night
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Site best viewed at 1280X1024
© FishingTN.com