FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 07-31-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Yeah browntrout and I have witnessed so many follows up there with big browns makes one sick.....LOL. I agree with you...could be either specie..but most assuredly large fish. Two areas of the Pond are over 20 feet deep with one generator going....I would have never guessed. Out in the middle and the catch basin right below spill gates...it is actually a trough as you can tell from image.

Regards
I was up there one time when they were pushing 11,500 cfs fishing the pond and the water was 3ft over the top of the divider wall in front of the sluice bucket.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Out in the middle and the catch basin right below spill gates...it is actually a trough as you can tell from image.

Regards
Yeah, right after the concrete pad from where the sluice ends its a good drop off heading into the bluff corner.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:31 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
Yeah, right after the concrete pad from where the sluice ends its a good drop off heading into the bluff corner.
Held a ton of fish today. Life is good!

Regards
Old 07-31-2014, 09:38 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
It's tough to get anything bigger than a small jon boat in there. Darn near got a bass boat stuck in there one night. Chewed up a prop trying to get it back on the trailer.
Yeah depending on water it can be tough. Did you get the new di on your boat yet? and if so any images? Humminbird needs to get their software fixed for the di display on their si units.

Regards
Old 07-31-2014, 09:58 PM
rookie

Gosh Alpha! 27 Crappies, I have not caught that many this year let alone one outing, those screen shots are sickenning!, man are they cool!, now I know what a Crappie looks like on the DI, what kind of transducer do you have and what are your DI settings if you dont mind me asking? congrats! and great report!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:17 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Sportsman View Post
Gosh Alpha! 27 Crappies, I have not caught that many this year let alone one outing, those screen shots are sickenning!, man are they cool!, now I know what a Crappie looks like on the DI, what kind of transducer do you have and what are your DI settings if you dont mind me asking? congrats! and great report!
Thanks.....I have the HD transducer but I rarely use the 800 kHz. The di was set to 12 on sensitivity and 10 contrast with sharpness set to low. I had my scroll speed set to 3.....which was a mistake. I had read an article that said if MPH was 2 then set scroll speed to 3. Well on the di you see little dots.....had I set the scroll speed to 2 the dots would have been bigger and if set to 1 even bigger still. In the kayak I can get 2 MPH but that is about max so I need to keep scroll set to 2. I have always caught crappie in the Pond but that was not my intended target today.....but I am grateful for what the river gave me.

Regards
Old 08-01-2014, 09:24 AM
TN Transplant

Interesting...

I'm headed to the Caney this weekend so I might have to see if I can get in to a few panfish. I've caught a few small sunfish out of there but I've never really targeted them. I don't typically keep fish but I bet crappies out of that cold water are delicious. I may have to take home a couple for the wife and I.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:25 AM
TN Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
I was up there one time when they were pushing 11,500 cfs fishing the pond and the water was 3ft over the top of the divider wall in front of the sluice bucket.

Wow I bet it was wild out there with 11,500.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Master Trout Magnet

I have fished under those same conditions. What is interesting is the pan fishing is usually better with no generators. The more water the tougher it is to get them. But for the big browns.....stripers......the fishing is better. As long as stay away from generators it is just like fishing a lake.

Regards
Old 08-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Master Trout Magnet

I didn't see the tree Travis.... Will look for it next time up. Should hold fish.

Regards
Old 08-01-2014, 11:02 AM

Yeah I was there last summer in the yak and they had 14000 going from the 3 generators. It was interesting to say the least.

Mike
Old 08-01-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNfisher View Post
Yeah I was there last summer in the yak and they had 14000 going from the 3 generators. It was interesting to say the least.
That may have been what it was. 11,5 now that I think about it was where I jumped out of a plane.

Here's a reference at low water Pinwheeled. The falls on the bluff side I remember only the top one visible and huge gar as well as carp all around those green bushes when the water was that high.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:43 PM

Yeah, I remember just a few feet of falls. Pretty wild! It was around 15-16' deep below the falls, and none of the sluice bucket walls were visible.

Mike
Old 08-01-2014, 03:26 PM
TN Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNfisher View Post
Yeah, I remember just a few feet of falls. Pretty wild! It was around 15-16' deep below the falls, and none of the sluice bucket walls were visible.

Wow that's wild. How was the fishing though?
Old 08-01-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheeled View Post
Wow that's wild. How was the fishing though?
Landed my biggest fish to date then:

I can't remember what all else we caught but caught other fish as well.

The next night was when Nick Adams caught that beast of a striper that was somewhere in the 40-50lb range. We were initially there for them and fished that same spot he did but were just a day early I guess.

Last edited by Travis C.; 08-01-2014 at 05:26 PM.