FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-06-2019, 12:24 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Expo Wilson Frazier Seminar <'TK><

For those of you that have read the Lebanon boat and fishing Expo post/thread,(page #2) are or probably familiar with the post about the "Professor" Wilson Frazier.. Sonar/GPS expert.

As you also may have read that I sent Mr. Frazier and some of his links (supposedly Sponsors) Humminbird and Lowrance about the negative response about his seminar from our Members..

Well today, I was contacted by a representative from Humminbird.. A polite professional young man who was on the top of his game ... He had received my email to Humminbird via internal channels ..

I was informed he was dismayed by the posts from our members, He also stated that Mr. Wilson Frazier was not authorized, contracted, or at liberty to use the Humminbird Logo ... And does not represent their company in any way.. And he will be asked to remove that link from his website immediately.. (in another words "yea free advertising but we don't want it from a jerk like this!)..... Now I doubt If I hear from Lowrance I have never in my 30 plus years for any positive communication from Lowrance in respect to Customer Service or direct contacts unless $$ is involved ... Humminbird has a A+ in customer satisfaction or concerns and sometimes for free... Thanks Guys ... <'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 02-06-2019 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:42 AM

Interesting... I'm not sure how hummingbird was involved, but he was using a old 9" Lowrance.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:34 AM
Owner and Administrator

Default Go to his website..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
Interesting... I'm not sure how hummingbird was involved, but he was using a old 9" Lowrance.
His website links section links to Humminbird and other (supposedly sponsors)

sonargps@comcast.net

Old 02-06-2019, 01:12 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
For those of you that have read the Lebanon boat and fishing Expo post/thread,(page #2) are or probably familiar with the post about the "Professor" Wilson Frazier.. Sonar/GPS expert.

As you also may have read that I sent Mr. Frazier and some of his links (supposedly Sponsors) Humminbird and Lowrance about the negative response about his seminar from our Members..

Well today, I was contacted by a representative from Humminbird.. A polite professional young man who was on the top of his game ... He had received my email to Humminbird via internal channels ..

I was informed he was dismayed by the posts from our members, He also stated that Mr. Wilson Frazier was not authorized, contracted, or at liberty to use the Humminbird Logo ... And does not represent their company in any way.. And he will be asked to remove that link from his website immediately.. (in another words "yea free advertising but we don't want it from a jerk like this!)..... Now I doubt If I hear from Lowrance I have never in my 30 plus years for any positive communication from Lowrance in respect to Customer Service or direct contacts unless $$ is involved ... Humminbird has a A+ in customer satisfaction or concerns and sometimes for free... Thanks Guys ... <'TK><
I've had Lowrance products (HDS 12 Gen 3 touch) and Humminbird Helix 12 SI DI Gen 2 sitting side by side on my console. After a few months of on water comparison (roughly 60 days of fishing), the Lowrance got sold. I now run HB products as well as Minnkota trolling motors all linked together.
Their customer service (both companies) is terrific.
Today, I mounted a Garmin 93sv+ and LiveScope on the boat. Will post again after I've had time to familiarize myself with them and put them through some trials. Hoping they are as good as advertised.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:16 PM

Dude's website is terrible. Check out this you tube channel, he's pretty solid. Covers sonar and just how to read a map and find fish.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWM...lN-Jfw6o-hGTuw
Old 02-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Yep !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
I've had Lowrance products (HDS 12 Gen 3 touch) and Humminbird Helix 12 SI DI Gen 2 sitting side by side on my console. After a few months of on water comparison (roughly 60 days of fishing), the Lowrance got sold. I now run HB products as well as Minnkota trolling motors all linked together.
Today, I mounted a Garmin 93sv+ and LiveScope on the boat. Will post again after I've had time to familiarize myself with them and put them through some trials. Hoping they are as good as advertised.
Merv I guess I fell out of love with Lowrance in the 80's. Just about all of my electronics was Lowrance except my HB Flashers... I have two Lowrance paper chart graphs that I used right up to the time I sold my Guide boat (I still have them) The products were great but my biggest problem with them was customer service, Back then they just didn't seem to care to help with any problems ...

So I started buying HB products and nothing but good things from the customer service dept. Even sent free components to help with interference problems... So little things like this can bias a person on major $$ to be spent on Electronics.... <'TK><

Old 02-06-2019, 06:56 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:

When can I come get on your boat and see this live scope in action?? I’ve seen the videos and pics on line but want to see it in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2019, 06:59 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
Dude's website is terrible. Check out this you tube channel, he's pretty solid. Covers sonar and just how to read a map and find fish.

This dude is the truth!! I thoroughly enjoy watching his videos. His voice is a little annoying but the content is top notch. He fished on a college team and did well and really knows his stuff.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:12 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
When can I come get on your boat and see this live scope in action?? I’ve seen the videos and pics on line but want to see it in action.

Oh man! That's gonna take some but kissin, nice saying things about Merv, some SAMBOLIE bashin, a tank of gas and your favorite Arig slingin setup!
Old 02-06-2019, 09:32 PM

I did not get on here to bash Humminbird, but I have to chime in on the Humminbird love-fest. My experience with their customer service was not good at all. All I got was update first, check this, try this. Delay, delay. Then the C-Service contact I was communicating quit, Wouldn't answer me going on months, I found out because her e-mail seemingly was unattended after she quit. Then it was winter and my unit went out of warranty so I just gave up, finally realizing what I bought wasn't so hot anyhow. I'll think hard about buying another Humminbird, as I'm still using a unit that is not working right at all. I had a Humminbird flasher 30 years ago, and had one on my console for over 20 years. They had a fair flat rate return repair cost and it was fast. Not a lot of hassle. That was then, this is now. Their out of warranty repair cost on my unit is more than I paid for it. (Granted things are more complex now, I get that.) So, I'm shopping this spring for something I can count on and work out of the box.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
This dude is the truth!! I thoroughly enjoy watching his videos. His voice is a little annoying but the content is top notch. He fished on a college team and did well and really knows his stuff.

Yeah, the damn hat bothers me more than his voice. I've been impressed with his videos so far.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:

I got curious after reading your post so I went and looked him up on uTube and found 2 video's one 9 yrs and the other 10 yrs old. These are good, but its NOT how he was presenting himself when I went. He was in my face within inches twice and had gotten in another mans face once or twice too.. His tome was even different, like it was stated, he was taking down to the class like we a bunch of idiots at some points.

I would not have said anything had he acted like in the videos.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:25 PM
Owner and Administrator

Question Mmmmm <'TK><

:confused
Quote:

Skillet, is this the video you are referring to?

This is not Wilson Frazier ... I think Juice is referring to another video guy.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:25 PM

While he may be a crotchety old man in his old age, this product is the real deal - https://www.sonargpsuniversity.com/p...il.php?prod=KV
Old 02-07-2019, 09:56 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Oh man! That's gonna take some but kissin, nice saying things about Merv, some SAMBOLIE bashin, a tank of gas and your favorite Arig slingin setup!

I don’t mind chipping in on gas and bringing a rod, or bashing Sambolie’s old ass....I do that anyways!! But the rest of it out of the question. I don’t kiss ass, and don’t know anything nice about ya....except you got a toy I wanna play with!!! 😂😂