FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 04-26-2019, 11:17 PM

Default Call me catfish crazy

Little local bait shop has put together a local catfish tourney and I'm going despite I've yet to catch anything around the area. I'm not sure how the catfish is going to react to this cold weather... Supposed to be like 45* at sunrise 63* by 10 am and 72* by 1or 2 pm.

To be honest I wonder how many are actually going to show up... LOL Any how I'm gonna give it my best shot
Old 04-26-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
Little local bait shop has put together a local catfish tourney and I'm going despite I've yet to catch anything around the area. I'm not sure how the catfish is going to react to this cold weather... Supposed to be like 45* at sunrise 63* by 10 am and 72* by 1or 2 pm.

To be honest I wonder how many are actually going to show up... LOL Any how I'm gonna give it my best shot
The blues will bite, flatheads will have lockjaw and the channels will warm up after the sun hits the water.

Fish the river channels and suspend a line or two about 10 feet down. The rest on the bottom for blues
Old 04-27-2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy15 View Post
The blues will bite, flatheads will have lockjaw and the channels will warm up after the sun hits the water.

Fish the river channels and suspend a line or two about 10 feet down. The rest on the bottom for blues

I didn't do any good as expected... I never fished the river before and really didn't know how to fish it until I noticed everyone tieing off to trees. I made mental notes and and drifted for about a mile or two, but nothing. I don't think I have the correct bait.

After the tourn I headed up river and caught myself some very nice skipjacks, one measured 16: the other 4 were about 12". I'll be more ready next time..

Last edited by Flatline; 04-27-2019 at 10:38 PM.