FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Default KBFTN Tournament Series almost wrapped up for 2014

KBFTN is winding down with the State Championship this weekend on Tim's Ford, then Station Camp Creek on Sept 23rd, and the KBFTN Championship on October 10th at Natchez Trace State Park.

Last night was our last event before the State Championship and the top 20 anglers in the state will be fishing for a Wilderness Systems Ride 135 from Hook 1, and everyone will be fishing for cash and many other sponsored prizes.

Last night out of Vivrett Creek on Percy Priest I had my first win of the season, I paddled more than 7.3 miles for my winning fish and it paid off. We had 17 anglers show last night with the furthest driving from Glasgow, Ky. We have a lot of great anglers show up to our events and we are seeing more and more bass boaters that want to win some cash that are showing up, and a lot of questions from bass boaters at the ramps before the events.

KBFTN has hosted 10 events this year, with two more to go and a joint Championship between Chattanooga Bass Yakkers, Tennessee Kayak Anglers, and Kayak Bass Fishing TN. KBFTN has had 94 different anglers fish, and between the three clubs we have seen 213 different anglers fish the events hosted between the three clubs.

KBFTN has been recognized for their great anglers and the top 5 anglers of the year have been invited to fish the Tournament of Champions on Lake Fork in Texas. Right now that list consists of
Scott Fujimura
Craig Dye
Shae McCord
Ron Champion
Sarah Meier

We are working on some changes for next year, and look to be adding many more events and expanding our reach. KBFTN has been a great place where like minded people can hang out, fish, and have fun. We hope to see the same faces and many more for 2015.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:53 AM

Nice job last night Jeremy!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:56 AM

Great job Jeremy. Not just on the win but on putting together this tournament trail. I thought I'd be able to fish a lot more of them especially since I work so close to JPP but it seemed like I was traveling for work during most of the weekend events and the weekday events I was just too busy to leave early and make them. Hopefully I can hit more of them next year and get in that top 20.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 09-17-2014, 11:13 AM

Congrats Jeremy on the win in addition to putting in all the work making it happen.

I like Jimmy would have loved to fish more of them than just the one this year but my schedule just didn't play out that way with work/kids.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:33 AM

Congrats on the circuit and win. I will try to fish it next year. If all goes as planned I am going to get a Feel Free lure 13.5 and outfit it.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Congrats on the win Jeremy. Everyone appreciates the work you put in for the tournaments.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Thanks guys. I considered dropping it all next year, but I was talked out of it. I think if I dropped it, that it would be something I regretted.

So next year we are blowing it up, and looking like KBFTN will be the biggest Kayak, SUP, Canoe fishing tournament series in the state of Tennessee with some big changes coming forward. With the new changes we still want to keep it fun, exciting, enjoyable, and affordable for the tournament anglers, and relaxed for the people who just want to come and hang out with us. With the upcoming changes more people will want to become involved even if they don't fish from a paddle craft, or may be interested even if you don't paddle or fish.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Great .... <'TK><

"With the upcoming changes more people will want to become involved even if they don't fish from a paddle craft, or may be interested even if you don't paddle or fish. "

Jeremy, Hopefully by next season I'll have my new knee as soon as The Neurologist Releases Me so I can have this done. Last Cat Scan next Wed.

Please ask for My help in any capacity where I can be useful .. <'TK><