FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 11-17-2019, 08:44 PM

Default Chickamauga 11-17-19

https://i.imgur.com/UpeWmVP.jpg

Took a friends advice and met him at Chester Frost this morning , super tough getting up at 3am but was well worth it, we ended up with apprx 30 LM all keepers most between 2-4 lbs , caught bigger fish than this photo but hitting a school didn't want to stop fishing to take a pic

Caught almost every fish on small swimbaits with a scrounger head around schools of shad , the Chickamauga giant is still alluding me but this was my best day on the Chick to date
Old 11-17-2019, 09:11 PM

Way to go man! I know you've been frustrated there lately
Old 11-18-2019, 07:56 AM

My buddy from work wants to go out of town fishing for a couple days this week. So we are going to the Chick in the morning for a couple days. Got any general info you wanna give up? Depth? Creeks or mainlake?
Old 11-18-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
My buddy from work wants to go out of town fishing for a couple days this week. So we are going to the Chick in the morning for a couple days. Got any general info you wanna give up? Depth? Creeks or mainlake?
We stayed in the creeks and caught them in 1-8 fow on 3.5 suicide shad with 1/4 oz medium scrounger heads , bite was on fire from 7 to 9am then was tough the rest of the way

Almost everyone we talked to never left the Chester Frost bay
Old 11-19-2019, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
We stayed in the creeks and caught them in 1-8 fow on 3.5 suicide shad with 1/4 oz medium scrounger heads , bite was on fire from 7 to 9am then was tough the rest of the way

Almost everyone we talked to never left the Chester Frost bay
Thanks you buddy
Old 11-19-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Thanks you buddy
Welcome, excited to see how you do there
Old 11-20-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Welcome, excited to see how you do there
I struggled big time. I fished all day and caught 6 bass and 1 drum yesterday. Today we decided to go to Tims Ford instead and the fishing was pretty good today. I know I'm glad to be home. Left home at 230 yesterday morning and fished daylight to dark both days then drove home tonight. I haven't been this run down in a while. The Chick was frustrating man. I felt like I was chasing a ghost. Fish blowing up and chasing bait everywhere around me all day and I couldn't catch them. Today was a lot of fun at Tims Ford though. I had never been there before and caught quality smallmouth all day long.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I struggled big time. I fished all day and caught 6 bass and 1 drum yesterday. Today we decided to go to Tims Ford instead and the fishing was pretty good today. I know I'm glad to be home. Left home at 230 yesterday morning and fished daylight to dark both days then drove home tonight. I haven't been this run down in a while. The Chick was frustrating man. I felt like I was chasing a ghost. Fish blowing up and chasing bait everywhere around me all day and I couldn't catch them. Today was a lot of fun at Tims Ford though. I had never been there before and caught quality smallmouth all day long.
Been humbled by the Chick many times, hell I've struggled yet watched other boats haul them in left and right lol

Where did you guys put in? Never been to Tims Ford, may check it out one day
Old 11-21-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Been humbled by the Chick many times, hell I've struggled yet watched other boats haul them in left and right lol

If Chickamauga has given you fits . . . wait until you spend a day on Tim's. I love Tim's. Only fished it a few times. My son and I ran into a nice big school of hybrids over by the camp ground, but I've never seen a Large mouth there.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonDaze View Post
If Chickamauga has given you fits . . . wait until you spend a day on Tim's. I love Tim's. Only fished it a few times. My son and I ran into a nice big school of hybrids over by the camp ground, but I've never seen a Large mouth there.

Normandy is a much better lake to explore...more along the Dale Hollow line of clarity and reward. Tex and Salmon...Take the plunge.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonDaze View Post
It definitely has largemouth. I probably caught 5 or 6 largemouth with one that was over 4lbs. The fishing was pretty good. We caught quite a few 18" smallmouth
Old 11-22-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:

We put in at Chester Frost. We fished in there for several hours and found a pile of fish back in a little feeder pocket but couldn't catch them. I only caught 3 or 4 little fish back in that pocket. The bait was pushed up in there and bass were hammering them. I saw a giant bass pushing bait up against the bank. I threw my swimbait up there and she took off. I can't wait to go back though because I know what swims around down there. I had never been to Tims Ford but I felt very comfortable there. It looked and fished a lot like Center Hill and Percy Priest
Old 11-22-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
We put in at Chester Frost. We fished in there for several hours and found a pile of fish back in a little feeder pocket but couldn't catch them. I only caught 3 or 4 little fish back in that pocket. The bait was pushed up in there and bass were hammering them. I saw a giant bass pushing bait up against the bank. I threw my swimbait up there and she took off. I can't wait to go back though because I know what swims around down there. I had never been to Tims Ford but I felt very comfortable there. It looked and fished a lot like Center Hill and Percy Priest
We put in at 645am and started catching them immediately about 50 ft from the ramp, we moved around the bay following the schools of shad then at 9am on the dot the bite stopped like someone flipped a switch yet we could still see bass attacking the shad, was frustrating, my buddy seems to think as soon as the sun gets to a certain point they see the lures better and shy away from them , really want to go back when its overcast , seems like every chance I get to fish lately its bluebird skies

BTW did you try the main lake at all?
Old 11-22-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
We put in at 645am and started catching them immediately about 50 ft from the ramp, we moved around the bay following the schools of shad then at 9am on the dot the bite stopped like someone flipped a switch yet we could still see bass attacking the shad, was frustrating, my buddy seems to think as soon as the sun gets to a certain point they see the lures better and shy away from them , really want to go back when its overcast , seems like every chance I get to fish lately its bluebird skies

BTW did you try the main lake at all?
I did fish one spot on the main lake. It was a bluff and I caught my only 2 keepers and a drum. It was about a 200 yard stretch. I'm kicking myself now for not fishing on the main lake the rest of the day after that first bluff but my buddy that went with me talked me into fishing his "honey holes". He's fished there a few times and he had me fishing main lake pockets and a creek. I wanted to go back to the main lake but he is a good fisherman and he wanted to show me around a little bit. Even though we struggled, I still had a blast. I love fishing new lakes and working the jumbled up puzzle that comes with that