FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-05-2021, 01:53 AM

Default Need a Canoe

If anyone has an old canoe laying around they wanna sell, I need one in April for a trip to Reel Foot lake, I am taking the 9yo son and dont really wanna risk the ranger up there. it dont have to be pretty a barn find would be ok I am willing to fix it up, Individual kayaks not really a option either. PM me
Old 02-04-2021, 03:27 PM

If you are going to Reelfoot, there are several docks around there that rent boats w/ hotel packages.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:05 PM
Owner and Administrator

Default Yep !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnduxcaller View Post
If you are going to Reelfoot, there are several docks around there that rent boats w/ hotel packages.
Yep that is the way to go, rent their stuff I made the mistake of taking mine one time … Never again... TK
Old 02-07-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnduxcaller View Post
We did that about 6 years ago , I think that is the best option , 3 days 4 nights was like super cheap , can't remember exactly but I think it was $269 including boat, gas and minnows

Funny my friend called me yesterday to see if I wanted to go with him to reelfoot with him in April, he wants to take his boat, I'm trying to talk him out of taking a chance with his boat but he is adamant he wants to take it , not sure I want to go to reelfoot at that time because that is great fishing around here and I'm not much of a crappie fisherman
Old 02-08-2021, 11:52 AM

I stayed at Blue Bank resort and they offer a boat, bait and ice with every room.
I remember hitting a submerged stump so hard it knocked the engine cowl off. They are everywhere out there.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:08 AM

Default got 2 for price of 1

i found 2 square back sun dolphins for $225 used on facebook. They are in decent condition. I have also already reserved my campsite at Reelfoot state park. I may have mentioned its just me and my 9yo son so the canoe will out fine. I also have a old electric trolling motor that will work fine on the back. zi debated selling 1 of them but I have 4 children that are getting bigger so canoeing to an island may be a option. Tim's Ford has some nice sites.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:27 PM

If you do not catch much at Reelfoot, I think there is a small lake up in the hilly area,Hornsbeak,TN. I think it is on the hwy maybe going east from their. Good luck.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:49 PM

Snakes are everywhere, don’t know if there are many venomous ones. You should do well. We slayed the catfish at night on yo yo’s a few years ago, but it was on up in May. Have a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk