FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-02-2019, 10:33 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Favorite Pass time ... TK

The wife and I enjoy the nature... We set out on our Veranda and capture a lot of nature ... Last week a Great Egret (Totally White and 1/2 again the size of a Blue Heron) flew in and started devouring a few frogs around the pond ... About 30 feet from us ... They travel from the coast line from Texas to New England ... But in the Summer they head our way ...

Also a "Least Bittern" a Marsh/Swamp bird who comes from Louisiana every year and hatches her eggs around our pond ... Now of coarse I didn't have my Camera out there with me ... (Look these up!!)

Now my property being almost backed up to Cedar Of Lebanon State Park and In my 33 years of residence here I have and am use to a lot of Creatures ... Bobcat, Red Fox, Turkey, Deer, And also on the flyway for the Sand Hill Crane.. Oh did I mention my pesty Raccoon that makes my life miserable !! And numerous Birds of all species that we feed of coarse ...

Here are two pic's of a Doe that comes down every evening and partakes of the corn and mineral rock I leave out ... I also have a young 4 point buck that does the same But I did not have my Camera with me "as usual" ... Now the wife and I go about our regular activities while they are here .. Cooking on the grill, talking etc ... And they are about 75 feet from us .. They really don't pay us much attention ... We love it !! ...TK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2527 (2).JPG (1.38 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2528 (2).JPG (896.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-02-2019, 11:33 PM

We too live in the country on 13 acres. We have a doe with 3 fawns. The doe must have been around for a while. She doesn't spook when we go out to feed the horses. The fawns sometimes will spook and run away. The look on the doe is funny. She looks at us then at the fleeing fawns and then back at us. Then she reluctantly follows her babies. Now the fawns are getting use to us and many times the will get off to 75 to 100 yards and watch us. I think they will soon just ignore us.
We have the usual sorts of animals around here. In the winter of 2017 I had a trail camera on a deer scrape. I videoed a river otter smelling the scrape and then ran off. The closest water is about 3/4 to 1 mile away.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Memory ... TK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan 54 View Post
We too live in the country on 13 acres. We have a doe with 3 fawns. The doe must have been around for a while. She doesn't spook when we go out to feed the horses. The fawns sometimes will spook and run away. The look on the doe is funny. She looks at us then at the fleeing fawns and then back at us. Then she reluctantly follows her babies. Now the fawns are getting use to us and many times the will get off to 75 to 100 yards and watch us. I think they will soon just ignore us.
We have the usual sorts of animals around here. In the winter of 2017 I had a trail camera on a deer scrape. I videoed a river otter smelling the scrape and then ran off. The closest water is about 3/4 to 1 mile away.
The deer have been coming around for decades. Our thoughts have been that the deer that come and feed on a little slab of limestone rock in the middle of my one acre back yard that I mow are off spring from deer herds of the past ... That were brought here as youngsters. I've been told (don't know for a fact) unless driven out that deer will stay and live in one square mile of where they were raised ... Anyway we enjoy them .... TK
Old 08-03-2019, 11:12 AM

Man that doe is fat!