FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Whites at Pickwick.

Got into the white bass below Pickwick dam today. Pulled up on dead boil number 5 and was casting into the wall behind dead boil number 6. I was using a 1/8 ounce Micro Fry jig head with a Midnight Blue ThunderHawk Dancer body. Let it drop to the bottom......drag it along the generator catch basin floor and as it would get to the edge of the concrete slab they would hit it as it fell off the edge. I was using a Yamaga Blanks Blue Current TZ UL rod with SOS 2# test line. This was a lot of fun. The stripes would see the boat and head for the 30 foot depth that I was sitting in....sometimes going under the boat to the other side.....rod bent and drag screaming.....these fish were "diggin". Around 1:00 p.m. they cut number 5 boil on and had to get out of there. Headed down river to a creek and found the whites stacked at the mouth of the creek. Caught somewhere around 100 of these today. Water temps were 59-61 degrees. Hard to leave when you are catching fish in these kind of numbers but had a long drive back home. For those interested the catfish are on big time below the dam. They are loading their coolers down there. Have more pics but with the new phone I have to downsize the image to upload it to the forum. The best is still yet to come at Pickwick. Going after crappie in the morning. Life is good!

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0325.jpg (2.03 MB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0323.jpg (3.28 MB, 70 views)
Old 03-28-2017, 10:39 PM
rookie

Wow Mr Randy I can just imagine what a day with those numbers would be like, I bet it was a lot of fun specially on 2 lb test line, congrats!, also good luck tomorrow with the crappies
Old 03-29-2017, 12:03 PM

Bet that was fun!!! Need me a yak I see