FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 10-07-2018, 11:08 AM

Default Dale Hollow 10-06-18

Work has been very demanding lately and I decided Friday I was going to get out early and hit the Hollow...at 1830 Friday evening I left one of the offices and spent, another hour and a half getting home, so that was a bust.

Hit the road 0500 Saturday morning and enjoyed a wonderful sunrise driving up to the Hollow. Puppy dog got sick on the boat before we set out from the ramp so another delay...at 0730 I passed the buoys as the fog was burning off and was on my first spot. I had heard the Walleye were on the late summer pattern before they vanish till spring so I pulled out the jigging spoon and went to work trying to pinpoint the depth... 44' was my first 25'" and a 6 pounder, another hour went by with a few hits but no hook-up and then...my new personal best Walleye...I thought I was hung up... after a long battle and lots of finesse to tire her down I caught a view...I was shaking so bad and hoping for a successful netting the first try, she proved she had so much left to fight...after three more runs she landed in the net perfectly... 29 3/4"and 10lbs. It took me another 30 min to re-tie and calm down to get back on the hunt to no avail on the next few spots, so I went up lake about 5 miles to another honey hole.

Lots of wake, ski and pontoon boats beating the point up with wave action...I almost pulled away, however thought I would scan it...seemed there was a school of something so I started my hunt for the Walleye. I seldom leave fish to find fish, but all I caught were football sized Bass one after another in 26-45 FOW. I put 4 in the boat and shook off two before I decided there were no Walleye in there or at least catch-able with all of the green fish hammering my spoon and fighting huge wave action. They were so aggressive I would burn the spoon back to the boat to get it away from them and they still hammered it. Another few points and drops and nothing but green fish I busted out laughing.

I saw FishFinderGeneral cruise by with a load of clients all set up for trolling.

By noon I was exhausted, I had a cramp in my jigging arm, my thumb was bleeding due to a cut from a gill plate, no wind to relieve the heat, shade felt nice under the Bimini, Puppy Dog was hot, I was hot, eyes burning from the sweat pouring off me earlier, so we just took our time and cruised slowly back to the ramp and enjoyed the fact it was my best day fishing in a few years while I enjoyed an ice cold beverage. When we loaded the boat the clouds and wind picked up...I almost put it back in the water, however decided God blessed me well today and not to push it.

90* Bluebird Sky and no wind till 1300, HOT, then clouds and nice breeze, SWT 74*+, Gold 3/4oz Jigging Spoon, 30lb Braid with 15# Fluro leader, Snap Jigging and ripping over structure and drops. Green fish everywhere I went...Walleye were deep on sharp drops...at least the ones I caught.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181006_085710.jpg (2.57 MB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181006_110915.jpg (1.49 MB, 92 views)

Last edited by notorious; 10-07-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:17 AM

Very nice report. Congrats on that #10 walleye
Old 10-07-2018, 12:05 PM

Thumbs up

Great report,

those are some awesome looking meals glad you found them. A 10 pound walleye would be like catching a world record to me.

That boat is also nice setup with the bimini.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:44 PM

great report and photos of fish and dog! congratulations!
Old 10-07-2018, 02:45 PM

Thanks Guys...its been a hard road and nearly 15 years to best my last big Walleye. Boat has been a good purchase and the Yamaha runs like a sewing machine. Puppy Dog is 12 this month and like me, just enjoys a good ride every once and a while.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:10 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Congrats.......very nice catch.

Regards
Old 10-07-2018, 09:22 PM

Great job Eddie, glad you were able to get out and put a few on ice!
Old 10-08-2018, 09:17 AM

Good report and some nice Eyes. Congrats
Old 10-08-2018, 10:08 AM

Excellent report.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:39 AM

Default walleye

Beautiful fish!
Old 10-08-2018, 05:30 PM

Those are some big walleyes. Congrats on your catch. I have now spent $50 on jigging spoons and watched dozens of videos on how to catch bass vertical jigging a spoon. So thanks for that lol. Can you give some insight on locating bass for this technique and possibly some pointers on how to fish these things. Were the bass on the bottom? Were they realting to bait? Thanks for any info; I'm definitely not asking for specific honey holes just general information.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:56 PM

Call me up Tex, PM sent.

Thank you so much guys...I'm glowing with praise for such a wonderful day on the lake.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Call me up Tex, PM sent.

Thank you so much guys...I'm glowing with praise for such a wonderful day on the lake.
As you should be. Good job.

Did you lip them or use a net?
Old 10-09-2018, 11:51 AM

Nice walleye!!
Old 10-10-2018, 06:45 AM

Great eye! Thanks for the report!