FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-03-2018, 02:40 PM
agelesssone's Avatar
agelesssone agelesssone is offline
nashvillefishingguides.co
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Goodlettsville, TN
Posts: 2,483
Default Awesome Sunday

I had a couple real cuties on board today (along with Mom Jenny, Dad Chase, and baby brother Ethan) tearing up the fish today.

Sophia and Riley had a mixed bag of a gazillion yellow bass, 7 huge crappies, (one 15 incher), and a couple hybrids.

Sophia didn't want to fish until she saw big sis hauling in one fish after another then she decided she needed to get in on the action.

I would cast out a Kastmaster spoon, hand her the rod and tell her to crank it back in. Next thing we'd hear is "I got another one" or "I need another throw out". Then I would either remove the fish and cast the spoon back out or just cast the spoon back out.

I was kept busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin contest!

They took home a good mess of crappies and yellow bass for a few good dinners and everyone had a blast.

I tried to talk Mama into letting me just keep the girls but, sadly, she declined.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-03-2018, 04:36 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,060
Default

Thatís a great time!!! Nice fish too!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Heiny57's Avatar
Heiny57 Heiny57 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: franklin
Posts: 898
Default

Looks like fun.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2018, 08:08 PM
luckystratos luckystratos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: portland
Posts: 254
Default

Bet those little ladies were excited.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Alphahawk's Avatar
Alphahawk Alphahawk is offline
Master Trout Magnet
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Columbia, TN
Age: 66
Posts: 5,381
Default

Nice.

Regards
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 686
Default

Way to help make some more memories Merv. That has to be a very rewarding job on days like that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-04-2018, 02:56 AM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 568
Default

Nice Crappie!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-04-2018, 07:59 AM
TNBronzeback TNBronzeback is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 1,766
Default

I think out of all them pictures, im impressed most about the lack of wind. Seems like everytime my boat touches priest this year, its like a mirror as im backing down the ramp....once my tires touch water the gail force decides its time to kick up and abuse me. Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-04-2018, 08:21 AM
jaybird's Avatar
jaybird jaybird is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mount Juliet, TN
Posts: 246
Default

I was fishing near enough to Merv on Sunday and witnessed first hand patience and the first rate service he gives to his clients. I was impressed.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-04-2018, 08:14 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
I was fishing near enough to Merv on Sunday and witnessed first hand patience and the first rate service he gives to his clients. I was impressed.


Get a room...dang!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-05-2018, 05:49 AM
jaybird's Avatar
jaybird jaybird is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mount Juliet, TN
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Get a room...dang!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are just jealous Skillet
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-05-2018, 07:56 AM
agelesssone's Avatar
agelesssone agelesssone is offline
nashvillefishingguides.co
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Goodlettsville, TN
Posts: 2,483
Default

OK, "gail" is a girl's name.

Now, "gale" force winds can be tough to fish in.

Gail force winds are more like a gentle breeze that even rowboats, such as yours, can be safely, and comfortably, fished in.

Should you ever decide to get some big guy panties, like SAMBOLIE, then you can come back and fish the "GALE" force winds like us real fishermen.

Until then, stay in the back of any wind protected cove, next to the bank, anchor down, and ride out those gail force breezes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
I think out of all them pictures, im impressed most about the lack of wind. Seems like everytime my boat touches priest this year, its like a mirror as im backing down the ramp....once my tires touch water the gail force decides its time to kick up and abuse me. Lol.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-06-2018, 04:58 PM
TNBronzeback TNBronzeback is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 1,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
OK, "gail" is a girl's name.

Now, "gale" force winds can be tough to fish in.

Gail force winds are more like a gentle breeze that even rowboats, such as yours, can be safely, and comfortably, fished in.

Should you ever decide to get some big guy panties, like SAMBOLIE, then you can come back and fish the "GALE" force winds like us real fishermen.

Until then, stay in the back of any wind protected cove, next to the bank, anchor down, and ride out those gail force breezes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Well that was rude and un called for sir!
And i will have you know i have caught literally DOZENS of 3" bluegills in my protected cove....so....yeah. ive got THAT going for me.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Site best viewed at 1280X1024
© FishingTN.com