FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-30-2018, 12:27 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 563
Talking There is only 1 thing I like about Fall

There is only 1 thing I like about Fall and that is... these things move closer to my house! That's It. Bass Fishing Sucks! Weather Sucks! Titans Suck! haha

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-30-2018, 01:16 PM
Jim's Avatar
Jim Jim is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Posts: 468
Default

Nice fish! I hope to get out next week for some striper fishing. I haven't decided if I will head up your way or see if I can find a spot down here. I replaced the trailer bearings and tires so I am ready to go any where I feel like.
Jim
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-30-2018, 01:27 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Nice fish! I hope to get out next week for some striper fishing. I haven't decided if I will head up your way or see if I can find a spot down here. I replaced the trailer bearings and tires so I am ready to go any where I feel like.
Jim
I have no doubt they are down where you are. I also know where they are Not and that is upstream. At least that's the story last week. Maybe it's because the TVA app was a big fat liar that day! The bait is getting to that perfect "swimmer" size too. I may go down and hook the boat up
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-30-2018, 10:18 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,055
Default

I have seen ALOT of stripers down by the dam and lock 3 area gorging themselves on shad but I canít buy a bite from one. Went fishing Sunday and the lock 3 cove thatís been productive for me lately was full of shad, but no bass. Saw a bunch of stripe and huge cats in there. But not the first bass. 🤷🏻*♂️ Has me bamboozled!!! Lol



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-31-2018, 01:26 AM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
I have seen ALOT of stripers down by the dam and lock 3 area gorging themselves on shad but I can’t buy a bite from one. Went fishing Sunday and the lock 3 cove that’s been productive for me lately was full of shad, but no bass. Saw a bunch of stripe and huge cats in there. But not the first bass. ����*♂️ Has me bamboozled!!! Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel ya! My hatred grows for fall fishing daily! Every Single Damn Day is different. Either you are in the right place at the right time or you look like a chump! How can the coves be so full of shad and no bass chasing them? Then one day you drive by in the car and bass chasing shad everywhere and you don't have any gear in the truck. It's almost impossible to get a pattern going. Give me July any day. I know how to ledge fish like a mofo What have you thrown at the Stripers gorging themselves?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-31-2018, 09:18 AM
oldhick oldhick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 40
Default

This one came out of 2 fow yesterday while bass fishing. Jerkbait, 10 lb line, fairly light rod. Drug me around for 20 minutes. Wrapped me around some shallow brush, which I had to stop and pull out of the water while she was still running. Very impressed with the sunline reaction fc line.

Finally found a wad of bass, but not in the obvious spots where you could see them chasing. There was shad around, but not a massive amount. But once I found where they were holding, it was lights out for about 20 minutes. However, I have zero confidence I could go back to the exact same spot and expect a bite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1596.jpg (119.7 KB, 57 views)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-31-2018, 11:56 AM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhick View Post
This one came out of 2 fow yesterday while bass fishing. Jerkbait, 10 lb line, fairly light rod. Drug me around for 20 minutes. Wrapped me around some shallow brush, which I had to stop and pull out of the water while she was still running. Very impressed with the sunline reaction fc line.

Finally found a wad of bass, but not in the obvious spots where you could see them chasing. There was shad around, but not a massive amount. But once I found where they were holding, it was lights out for about 20 minutes. However, I have zero confidence I could go back to the exact same spot and expect a bite.
Nice fish.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-31-2018, 12:03 PM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 710
Default

I hear what your saying Adrian. I firmly believe that the actual consistent fall bite starts much later than most people think. The fish are still very scattered. I want that 55-60 degree water temp. There are definitely huge schools roaming right now just not enough of them. And good luck trying to stay on one of those schools. I believe the same school could be sitting on the bottom in 30 feet and busting bait in a pocket a couple different times on the same day. It's feast or famine and I've yet to come across and active school busting the surface this fall while on the water.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-31-2018, 01:10 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhick View Post
This one came out of 2 fow yesterday while bass fishing. Jerkbait, 10 lb line, fairly light rod. Drug me around for 20 minutes. Wrapped me around some shallow brush, which I had to stop and pull out of the water while she was still running. Very impressed with the sunline reaction fc line.

Finally found a wad of bass, but not in the obvious spots where you could see them chasing. There was shad around, but not a massive amount. But once I found where they were holding, it was lights out for about 20 minutes. However, I have zero confidence I could go back to the exact same spot and expect a bite.
2 Feet Deep, that's crazy! Were the bass in the same depth? I'm seeing them a lot in either 2' or 23'. I don't like to waste gas, but this time of year... I think it's a scam derived by the oil companies!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-31-2018, 01:16 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I hear what your saying Adrian. I firmly believe that the actual consistent fall bite starts much later than most people think. The fish are still very scattered. I want that 55-60 degree water temp. There are definitely huge schools roaming right now just not enough of them. And good luck trying to stay on one of those schools. I believe the same school could be sitting on the bottom in 30 feet and busting bait in a pocket a couple different times on the same day. It's feast or famine and I've yet to come across and active school busting the surface this fall while on the water.
All True! I hear what you're saying about consistency. I've been there when the schools move in and chase shad for hours, problem is, it was from the bank. The next day I'll launch in that area with hopes of crushing them, and they are lying motionless at the bottom of the creek bed in 20+. My wife asks, did you tell them we were coming? I'm not asking for much. I just want to be able to pull into a shallow cove and pick them apart in the grass, the jumps, blowdowns, & docks. Is that so hard?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-31-2018, 03:53 PM
agelesssone's Avatar
agelesssone agelesssone is offline
nashvillefishingguides.co
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Goodlettsville, TN
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
There is only 1 thing I like about Fall and that is... these things move closer to my house! That's It. Bass Fishing Sucks! Weather Sucks! Titans Suck! haha

Way to go, Adrian! Long arming a five pounder to make it look a six pounder!

Tell Happy to slap you!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-31-2018, 04:50 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Way to go, Adrian! Long arming a five pounder to make it look a six pounder!

Tell Happy to slap you!
ABSOFREAKINGLOUTELY NOT Long Arming. BullSh*t! Arms are bent. What am I, New? You wanna see Long Arming, just look on the Facebook Page. I have video if you want to see what a 30 pounder looks like...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-31-2018, 05:04 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Way to go, Adrian! Long arming a five pounder to make it look a six pounder!

Tell Happy to slap you!
Long Arm This! Fish touching the Brim of my Hat.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-31-2018, 06:03 PM
Heiny57's Avatar
Heiny57 Heiny57 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: franklin
Posts: 900
Default

Nice fish!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-01-2018, 07:38 AM
agelesssone's Avatar
agelesssone agelesssone is offline
nashvillefishingguides.co
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Goodlettsville, TN
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Long Arm This! Fish touching the Brim of my Hat.

RELAX! The post was "tongue in cheek", ala Merv and SAMBOLIE style.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Site best viewed at 1280X1024
© FishingTN.com