FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-18-2018, 09:47 PM
Fishing Fool

Default Tournament season is over

We had our club fishoff this past weekend. Fished Saturday and Sunday. Did fairly well this season. Iíd call it a success. Learned a lot about old hickory and the electronics. Especially this summer. We ended up winning one tourney early in the year, places just outside of the money multiple times and had a lot fun doing it, but I sure am glad itís over. Iím ready to slow down and fish for some crappie and catfish.

The fish off was I think 25-30 boats. This is a 3 fish limit tournament. We only had 2 Saturday but caught 15-20 that day. Most came on a double willow white spinner bait on grass edges, or a jig in timber and rock. Thatís all we could get bit on. But we were not the only ones who struggled and a lot of people didnít even bring a fish to the scales. We were sitting in 6th or 7th place. Sunday was better but still a grind. Pop Rís, jigs and crankbaits played Sunday. We had our limit. But we lost an absolute giant that couldíve catapulted us into the top 2 easy and won big fish for the tournament. It just wasnít meant to be. We finished 1lb away from 5th which wouldíve paid $400. One more keeper on Saturday and we wouldíve made some money. Itís heart breaking but all it did was a light a fire under me and made me want it more. So next year, weíre gonna give them hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2018, 07:57 AM

From your description it does sound like a very good year. I enjoyed reading your recap and look forward to hearing of your future tournament experiences.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:50 AM

Skillet. Congrats on a good year. You had a shot this weekend and that's all anyone could ask for. We all want to win but you let them know you were a threat to take their money. Great report considering how you were struggling earlier. Get after those crappie and let us know when the fish fry is. 👍
Old 09-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweatherfisherman View Post
From your description it does sound like a very good year. I enjoyed reading your recap and look forward to hearing of your future tournament experiences.

Thanks.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:18 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystratos View Post
Skillet. Congrats on a good year. You had a shot this weekend and that's all anyone could ask for. We all want to win but you let them know you were a threat to take their money. Great report considering how you were struggling earlier. Get after those crappie and let us know when the fish fry is. 👍

Theyíre on notice for next year. Deezltek and myself have come a long way these last couple of years as fishermen. That group of guys we fish against realized real quick that we can put them in the boat and gonna take more of their money next year. The old hick struggle has been real all summer long. We made notes on what we did, where we caught fish, what worked and what didnít and a lot more.

Iím ready for some cooler weather, a dancing bobber and even some steam plant parking lot action!!

Old 09-19-2018, 01:30 PM

Tourney season's over?? YES!!!!! Thanks! This made my day man!
Old 09-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennoutdrsman View Post
Tourney season's over?? YES!!!!! Thanks! This made my day man!

Hahahahaha!!!! I wish I could tell you that they all were over. Just our clubs season

Old 09-19-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Hahahahaha!!!! I wish I could tell you that they all were over. Just our clubs season

Seriously this has been the first year but I can honestly remember that we did not have any problems with the tournament fisherman at all this year.... I'm usually in my boat fishing for crappie and cats, and not once did we have a bass fishermen pull up on us.. thanks to all for respect us lazy fishermen 😁

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk