FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-11-2019, 10:02 AM

Default Rick Clunn

Ok guys the man just won another elite tournament.He is a fishing machine. I have always liked this man. Watched him a while last time BASS was on old hickory.
My question is ?? How does he do it at his age??? They said he will be 72 in July. I am 53 and 2 days on the lake kicks my butt. Just drains me from sun and long hours. He fishes 4 days in tournament plus prefishing. Always thought that would be the life until I tried 26 straight/weekly 1 Day tournaments and then a 2 day fishoff. Tried it for 5 years and got burned out bad.now only 2 or 3 a year.

All I can say is My Hat Is Off To You MR.Clunn
Old 02-11-2019, 12:15 PM

Exclamation

That is awesome great to see an old pro like him bring it home

well deserved!

He won 2016 on St. Johns also and is a 4 time Bass Classic winner.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:09 PM

For starters I'd say he's tougher than shoe leather. My guess is that he is in great shape and trains in the off season. I have out of shape friends who are half his age that can't fish half a day of hard fishing without almost being physically ill. It's a drag to eat right and take the time to workout but it really pays off for people who are willing to have the discipline and put in the time.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:35 PM

Easier to do when your job is fishing , lets see him put 40+ hours in at a blue collar job and then fish as much, if I didn't have to work I could put in 100 hours a week fishing lol
Old 02-11-2019, 10:33 PM
Master Trout Magnet

From the start of 2001 all through 2004 I did it 5 days a week 365 a year....no matter the weather...sunup til sundown....without fail. For a number of years after that would drive 90 miles to Pickwick....stay all day sitting in one spot on the bank.....fish all day then drive back home and repeat. Those days ended about 4 years back.....couldn’t do it anymore. Age creeps up on some sooner than others.....but it’s on me now full force....LOL. Now after a drive...I'm only good for about 5 hours or so on the water. Maybe after I get my new hip in June things might change. I’ve found even going on a guided trout trip and fishing 3 eight hour days on the water it kills me. So hats off to him.....I don’t know how much he still tours but he can still do it.

Regards
Old 02-12-2019, 07:32 AM

He is the Nolan Ryan of fishing. He has been a class act and top performer for 40 years. Tournament trail life is brutal and my hat is off to him also.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:08 PM

If all I had to do was go to the dock and wave at boaters in between 30 days spent in a hotel, I'd probably eat a bullet midway through month #2.

Did my time on the road. I'm done. Get me home.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:17 PM

To be that durable at that age, you’ve got to have some good genes to go with everything else. He was the top dog when my kids were young and now they’re middle aged. Glad to see him still getting it done.