FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 06-18-2017, 05:17 PM

Default Looking for small lakes

Hi Guys
New here a the forum, and would like some info on small lakes to fish with my grandson who loves to fly fish with his pops. II live in Spring Hill and know about Williamsport lakes----I have also fished Montgomery Bell State Park, are there anymore small lakes nearby that my grandson and I can fish using my 10 ft. Pelcian? My wife and I moved here last Novermber from Alabama and having trouble finding lakes that are clear to fly fish. Fertilized lakes are difficult to fish with the fly rod, mainly because the fish can't see the fly. I did find out that all state park lakes are not fertilized. Thanks for your help

Last edited by flyfisher; 06-19-2017 at 09:42 AM. Reason: word spell wrong
Old 06-18-2017, 05:51 PM

You could try Lake Lewisburg... It's electric only and tons of pan fish get pulled out there every weekend... fish are tight to the banks and get caught mostly with slip bobber rigs, but I bet a popper would work...
Old 06-19-2017, 09:43 AM

Shaugh
Do you know if the Game and Fish fertilize this lake? Thanks for the reply
Old 06-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Not sure if what you are calling Lake Lewisburg as what I know as New Lake. But if it is it is not fertilized. It is not a TWRA lake. It is owned by the city. The Williamsport Lakes are not fertilized either. But they do have a lot of phosphate in them from where phosphate rock was washed for many years.....that is why Williamsport Lakes most always look green as the leftover phosphate tailings make them extremely fertile.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 10:34 AM

Yes New Lake... On New Lake Road... they changed the name to Lake Lewisburg some time back I think... Never sure what to call it... I usually troll for Crappies but most people fish a worm 2 feet from shore and pull out buckets of 4" fish. I never much liked that kind of fishing... but a fly rod and popper would be fun...

Last edited by Shaugh; 06-19-2017 at 10:46 AM.