Thread: Priest Smallies
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 12:23 AM

I fished Sunday evening -- chaos per usual even down by Jefferson Springs. Ramp was so busy I just went to West Fork and made my way up river. I saw a 25-foot boat go through the cut-through down by the water intake plant. I literally ran into a stump or rock with a 30 hp not five minutes before some bro dragging his three kids on a tube zipped through. That whole area is a mine field and in reality should be marked by TWA. How five people don't die on that lake every weekend is beyond me.

Upper end was really dirty from recent rains. Also, this year didn't produce the grass canes on the shore. Last year that stuff extended out to 3-4 feet deep -- kept a lot of fish shallow during the summer which led to a good top water bite. I must of tossed that 90 whopper plopper 200 times and didn't even get a follow. Caught a few off secondary point off main lake using crank in 6-8 feet. Been a slow year overall -- maybe just bad timing of trips. In a year, over 15-20 trips, Priest usually good for 6-7 or so 4+ pounders. Had maybe 2 so far, both of which coming on picture perfect prespawn day, off a single stump.

Family rented a cabin on Tims Ford for this weekend. Hoping to get a few decent hours of main lake point spook action. After that, I'm shutting it down till fall so I can fish in relative peace.