View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 12:51 PM

I am not going to apologize for how I felt, but I will apologize for sounding so negative about the show.

I did start my day by going to Blue Moon across the street from the expo. I don't know how they do it, but they have some of the most tender brisket I have ever eaten. Their beans need work though.. I love to cook and I like my beans with,bacon, onion, maple and sorghum.

Granted I went in on a Friday rather then waiting until Saturday, but I decided I didn't want to be fighting with everyone looking for lures and fishing equipment. I came across one particular table (by the large doorway) I was run by a couple little old lady's and they had a very large selection of jigs, spinners. They were very helpful in informing me the right jigs and spinners to fish Center Hill. Apparently one of the lady's live there and has fished it for a long time.

I went to the K9 booth and both so over priced line, but they did take time to answer some of my silly questions about which kind of lines vs top /mid dept fishing vs deep/bottom fishing.

I have to admit, with the new line, I'm casting farther and more accurate my Fishdrops reel (deal I was conned into buying) with a Bill Dance Special rod (i like) ... I'm trying to teach myself how to fish with a baitcaster.

The disappointment part was it appeared some vendors was selling old over stock and felt like they were using the show as a dumping ground. Example; my Garcia I purchased, I thought it was the latest model only to find it was a left over 3rd generation . I'm not dissatisfied with the deal for what I paid, but at the same time I would not have bought it had I known it was a left over discontinued model. I could have purchased a new model Diawa for I paid for this older Garcia.

When I go to a show, I'm looking for new, innovative ideas or the latest product.