View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Owner and Administrator

Cool I agree with Notorious <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
JPP is one of the most prolific lakes in Middle Tennessee. My two largest Bass came from there, 7.5 SM and 9. LM, lost two larger than those in both categories. Numerous 50+ buck bass days and more crappie than I can possibly count.
I first starting fishing Percy Priest in the early 70's, a few years after the Dam project was finished in 1968... Like any new reservoir when the impoundment is up in the foliage, grass, etc. Fishing was fantastic! Then as the lake gained popularity fishing pressure increased and at times it seemed, at least for me, That there were no fish to be found...

But do to the efforts of TWRA the fishing got better in reference to size, and species. Now this is not to say that the daily skunk factor is not still there like any other day on any fishery , Weather, time of year, water conditions, temp, etc... Plays an enormous role on whether you will catch old scaly face.

Another aspect of this equation is you have to remember that JPP is surrounded by three Counties, Davidson, Rutherford, and Wilson which gives it plenty of fishing pressure. Even with this said Priest is still very prolific ...

Here are a few pic's of my last outing with my wife with some of the fish we caught. We were primarily trolling for crappie. A week earlier in the same location was a skunk day LOL ! <'TK><
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jpp SM 2.JPG (933.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg jpp bass 2.JPG (549.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg jpp crappie 1.JPG (752.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg jpp sm 1.JPG (824.3 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by tkwalker; 02-03-2019 at 04:24 PM.