View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 11:06 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Rule of thumb .. <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiny57 View Post
Tracker usually has their boats set up right from the factory. I don’t think I would change things until you log some hours and get used to your boat.
This is usually the case but somewhere in the many posts/threads between this one and Flatline's thread when looking and buying a boat. I just remembered I believe it was said that this is a repower with a 2018 motor on an older boat.

If so it may not have been set up right with the motor exchange. Buccaneer brought up a good question ... Now there is no set height adjustments because all boats and motors are different as well as the installers.

Here is the rule of thumb. Loosen the mounting bolts slightly. Take a straight edge and place it on the bottom of the boat in relationship with the keel and in the proximity of the
ANTI caviatation plate ... The plate should be even with the bottom of the boat +/- 1/4 inch.You will need to trim the motor to where the plates and the straight edge are parallel ... Tighten the bolts and this has put you in the ball park... And for sure help any performance issues... <'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 01-16-2019 at 11:23 PM.