View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 01:18 PM
Owner and Administrator

Default Okay .. <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
You are probably right, I just need to just work with it a little more. I know one thing for sure... and that it doesn't take much trim before it starts blowing out as you put it. I looked at how the motor is mounted and you used the middle bolt holes on the motor. I wonder if the motor is mounted a little too high ? Would 2" make enough of a difference ? She'll jump into a plain with just myself in a instant and it doesn't take very much trim either to adjust for maximum cruise. It that sense, you could say that its well balanced ??? I guess I expected the motor to trim out more to achieve that perfect ride. The boat comes with a trim gauge and it barely moves between all the way down and just before it porpoises.

I remember older fiberglass boats friends would have were able to trim out and shoot rooster tails while cruising across the lake.

In any case, I might be letting off the throttle too quickly and then trying to correct my speed ending up plowing.

I just thought with a 18' boat the nose would stay down a little more then it does..
Are you talking about the large mounting bolts that go thru the transom?
Two inches is about right off of the top of the transom. The reason for this set up is the anti cavitation plates on your lower unit need to be even with the bottom of the boat..

Now on high performance boats, sometimes people will add jack plates which gives you variable adjustments for top end speed.

This isn't your problem. I think what you need to do is just get out there and familiarize yourself with the boat.. T/T (trim and tilt) doesn't take a lot of movement to change the attitude of the boat. Like I said before watch your tach and just tap the the trim buttons until you have a grasp of it .... <'TK><