Thread: Ohd.
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
USACE dredged the channel on the lock side and just deposited the spoils in the middle of the river, mostly below the green buoy, but some is above the green buoy too.
Stay way to either side of the green buoy and you'll be ok.

Are you serious Whatever I hit I saw on my depth finder and it was straight up and straight down, also a there is a hell of a bolder that sits just under the surface about about 200' just below the dam dead center of the generators and the flood gates . In fact I saw a guy hit it with his motor and the currents pushed me sideways on it.. all that did was scratch the bottom but not to the metal.

Also I'm hear to tell you that there is a hell of a water rush when they drain the lock... Yea that was ugly. Fortunately I was above that when they released.

There were 2 different barges that was going up river loaded with coal. To be honest I don't know how the hell they wedged that big thing in the locks. I know the second barge had to wait for the dam to release water to get the water level up.

People talk about how shallow JPP is... I'm telling you I feel safer there than below this dam.