View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I've never fished Woods either. I looked at the lake map on my Navionics app and that lake has a lot of offshore flats and small humps from what I'm seeing. That's where I would spend my time. Does it have submerged vegetation? There is a long flat/point that runs way out into the lake just west of a big bridge in the middle of the lake. It has 2 islands on this flat. That's where I would spend a lot of my time. It appears that the shallow part of that flat is roughly 6 feet deep all the way out to the end. There are lots of little points on that flat that drop off to 25 feet of water. Those would be key areas. I don't know if you've tried fishing there but it's just my suggestion. Sorry if you've already tried there and didn't find any fish. There are also quite a few small humps on the lake. I guarantee you that some of those have big rock or wood on them and that they hold fish. I enjoy studying lake maps and that has been one of the biggest keys to my fishing success in the last year or so.

That picture of the yellow bass came from the left side of the point/islands you are talking about. I scanned some of the right side also and found nothing. I'm amazed at how little rock/wood anything like that is on that lake.