Thread: Catfishing
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lforet2002 View Post
A catfishes primary food source is shad. Like I said not saying chicken breast and liver don't work but I'll stick to using what catfish normally feed on. And of course I don't have to buy shad,bream or skipjack.
My primary food source is McDonalds but I'd sure rather have a ribeye if your buying. I'm just teasing. But it's crazy what you can catch catfish on. We used to run a lot of trot lines when I was a kid because that's what I loved to do. We used to get a little creative to keep the cost down on bait. We used cut shad sometimes but mostly we would go to the creek with a minnow seine and catch crayfish. But 2 of our best baits were ivory soap and motor oil. For the ivory soap we would take an old cheese cutter and cut it into 1.5 inch squares. It would dissolve in about 8 hours but worked great. For the motor oil we would wrap pantyhose around a hook and dip it in the oil and it also worked great. We were not targeting trophy sized fish but these baits worked very well for all species of catfish.

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 06-02-2018 at 01:35 AM.