View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 02:14 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Mmmmm <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
Hello gentlemen & ladies (if we have any here)... It has been hotter than a cast iron skillet on a fire outside these past couple weeks. I think the fish are even sweating.

I realize they are going deep and I realize they have to eat, but do you think with all this excessive heat would cause them to abstain from feeding ? How hot is too hot I guess is what I'm asking.

I ask this because most of our lakes lack vegetation which give off oxygen and provide shade
Back when I tourney fished in the 70's/80's in the GABA (They allowed Poles)I did very well especially at Lake Barkley around Dover in Late July and August fishing Buck Bushes .... Contrary to belief the best Bass were caught were about 20 yards from the creek channels ... Even though the surface temps was around 90 deg's .. and a mud flat bottom and around 3 to 6 feet deep... The reason being there was more O2 in the warmer water .. And yes the creek channel is cooler but it has less O2 do to it's density ... Just thought I would pass that alone ... <'TK><