Thread: Fair Game?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 05:34 PM

Default Fair Game?

I’m curious as to what you guys think about something I did. Basically there is a really good fishing spot on CH. it produces fish year round no matter what conditions or water temperature. I didn’t think it got fished all that much until I started fishing tournaments at CH. I’m usually out there during the week and just don’t ever see it get fished. The last 4 or 5 tournaments I’ve fished there has been a boat on this spot the entire tournament. It’s a spot where timing is critical. When I’m in the area I usually stop and fish it at least 3 or 4 times throughout the day. You may bot get a bite the first time or 2 and then catch 10 fish on the third attempt. My style is not to wait fish out. I usually bounce around a lot but I may hit the same spot 5x in one day. Anyway, if you don’t get an early boat draw in a tournament then you will not get to fish this particular spot. The last time I fished a night tournament there I told my dad that we were gonna fish that spot while we were fishing a couple hours before the tournament in hopes that we would catch what was there and not lose to this spot. Sure enough we pulled up and caught 14-15lbs off this spot. And sure enough there was a boat on it the entire night. I fished in that area and this boat never moved which is what I’ve been seeing. Those guys had a bad tournament and likely would have had a good tournament if we didn’t fish it before hand. So mission accomplished. But on the way home I felt bad about what we had done. So my question is was I out of line or was this just fair game?