Thread: More spots.
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default More spots.

Hit Nickajack at 8:30 this morning. In 3 hours I caught 30 KY bass all at around the 13 inch mark....except for the fat one at 14 inches. I was fishing the usual setup......Tict Ice Cube 6' 9" Mebaru UL rod strung up with SOS 2# test line......a Bison colored Trout Magnet on a 1/16 ounce ball head jig with a #8 hook. For those who are wondering why the 1/16 ounce and not the 1/64 ounce Trout Magnet jig head it is because I am fishing in 15-20 feet of water with some current. These "spots" can flat stretch some line. Anybody who cant enjoy catching spots on UL gear there is just something wrong with you....LOL. I got lazy today on account of the heat and did something I normally do not do......I continued to fish after having quite a battle with the heavy spot. As soon as I cast after landing that fish I was thinking "I should retie". Well a really big spot hit it and after a pretty good battle he was up next to the boat and made a good run and the knot snapped. I know better than that. To say it was hot would be an understatement. I did not want to leave but it was miserable.....no wind......hot sun....humidity off the charts. I guess this is what it feels like to grow older. Just a few short years ago I would have stayed all day. Going to take a break for a few days....Life is good!

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk