View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 12:10 PM

Default Looking for Advice

I'm gonna fish some bigger bass tournaments next year but I haven't made up my mind on which tournament trail to fish. I'm not sure how many of you guys have fished FLW/BFL tournaments because they don't get talked about much on here. My 2 options are to fish the Music City division of the BFLs as a boater or to fish the FLW Costa Central division as a co-angler. The BFLs are $200 each and there is 5 tournaments. The FLW Costas are $650 each and there are three tournaments. The BFLs are 4 lakes that I'm very familiar with(DH, CH, JPP, OH) and the Costas are Chicamauga, Dale Hollow, and Pickwick.

My goal is to just become a better tournament fisherman and better fisherman overall by the end of this deal. I'm very confident in my ability to locate and catch fish after a few days of pre-fishing. I had committed in my mind to fish the BFLs this year but as the season got closer and closer I started getting a lot of anxiety over it and convinced myself that I wasn't ready. Anxiety is just a part of life to me but That decision got me pretty worked up this past year. I know that once I just get one tournament under my belt that I'll be free of the anxiety. That's just what always happens. I used to get very anxious when just fishing a Wednesday night tournament but that quickly went away.

So that's my thought process and I'm looking for advice from any of you guys that may have to make the same/similar decision