Thread: Hey Randy
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 10:28 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickfan70 View Post
What was the biggest fish you have landed on 2lb line?
For about the past 10 years I usually land several dozen Smallies at the the 21 inch mark each year.......I haven’t owned a scale in years but a 21 inch Smallie will go 5 pounds....maybe more. Landed a 10 pound stripper years ago below Pickwick. He peeled off almost 240 yards of line before I ran him down and then it took a while...he just sat down in a dead pool but I landed him. Since switching over to all JDM spinning reels 5 years ago I can only get about 90 yards of 2# test on those reels. Here is a pic of 2 drum I landed....one at Center Hill and one at Nickajack.....these fish weighed a lot....I’ll let y’all decide what they weighed. Had to run both fish down in the boat quite a ways. The one at Center Hill peeled off about 40 yards of line before I could even get the boat turned toward him. My UL rod was in the shape of a U and my nephew was shying back from the rod as he thought it was going to shatter....LOL. Landing any of these fish on 2# test requires some skill.....lot of experience really.....but I can tell you a lot of luck is involved too. It doesn’t take much to go wrong for that line to snap.

Regards