View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 03:53 PM

Default Wilson County Chevy Dealership Rant

OK, So I really don't think this applies so much to fishing, however it's a man thing and that is what we are all about. I had a check engine light pop on my diesel truck. I researched it to a tee, I watched all the tube videos, I knew mostly everything about the fault and how to make the repair. I received a recall notice a few months ago...I was seriously concerned as it would cause my truck to go in limp mode. Now, I travel and build power plants so I'm always pulling my 5th wheel across this wonderful country and that is simply unacceptable to have a problem on the road. I contemplated just getting the parts and doing it myself when I had my winter break as I am so eccentric about my mechanical things and do all my own service....I really had reservations and contemplated even trading in my truck for another one over this. I called around to all the GM dealers and was treated a like a punk until I contacted Wilson County Chevrolet. I spoke with Mr. Steven in the service department and explained my concern and (PO) trouble code that I had pulled from my code reader. I almost backed out, however he was so professional and courteous I began to feel that not all stealers were the same. We exchanged conversations a few times over the past few days and he assured me my concern would be not an issue at his service department as all of the technicians were Master ASME Tech's...I asked if a courtesy vehicle would be available as I'm a MGMOW and didn't have another ride around. Mr. Steven indicated he didn't have anything currently available, however he would do his best to make sure my stay would be comfortable and when he could obtain a vehicle he would do so as my service appointment would be more than a few hours or so due to the complexity of the service...Three days later I was scheduled for my service, he indicated I should be 15-30 min early to get in the service line. I arrived first in-line and the folks out there were incredibly professional. Mr. Steven listened again to my concerns and general anxiety rambling about someone working on my truck...he and his service girls allowed me to speak to the Master Diesel Service Technician who would be operating on my truck...super, super guy who indicated it was not an concern. I was lead to the customer service lounge...kind of still having some anxiety by-the-way. Ten minuets later Mr Steven summoned me with one of his service girls and indicated he had a choice of vehicles for me to choose for my transportation. I chose the 2018 Chevy truck (because I'm old and fat and prefer the comfort), his service girl had me out of there in a few minuets and as I was driving home I felt oddly, somewhat at ease. A few hours later Mr. Steven phoned me indicating my truck was available for pick-up. When I arrived Mr. Steven explained to me the service and actions taken to repair my vehicle. There wasn't any greasy hand prints on my cashmere interior, no residue on the steering wheel, no foot prints on the floorboards (unlike before at a service in Texas for another issue I had)....kind of still pissed about that actually. I digress, however.

If you guys hate being treated like a second class punk...I highly suggest you call Wilson County Chevy GM for your needs. Mr. Steven and the service department guys and girls performed admirably and I whole hearty endorse the service department and Mr. Steven... because we all know...messing with our truck or boat is very personnel and not to be treated lightly in any event.

Off Rant.

Last edited by notorious; 01-05-2018 at 07:54 PM.