Thread: Rainy Lake
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Do you know how to read headhunter????? I never said it was Rainy Lake. I said in a good spring you could get those numbers. Read a post through before you reply....get some comprehension skills.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can read, you posted "You need to fish Dale Hollow and or Center Hill in the spring.....you can get those numbers....".

I don't care what time of the year, why would I need to fish either of those places? I go to Canada as much for the solitude and basically having a lake full of fish all to myself.

I have lived in Tennessee all my life and well know about both. I believe Dale Hollow, IMO, is the better of the 2, but by the time I make a couple of trips to Dale Hollow I have spent about what would be my gas money to Canada and back. This trip, we spent under $500 gas going there and coming back in a 4x4 f150 pulling my 17 foot boat with a 150. I spent another $100 on boat gas. Going to Dale Hollow, gas for my boat, vehicle, food, and if I stay overnight and make a few trips, which I would have to in order to learn how to find fish there, I can fish local and still have my annual trip to Canada.

All I can say is you haven't been to Ontario, you NEED to go, especially if you like to catch smallmouth bass. If nothing, else, basically having a lake all to yourself, that is loaded with fish, watching bald eagles, occasionally seeing a bear, we have seen moose, listening to the loons (my favorite), eating fresh walleye, and the country itself is breathtaking, if you haven't been there and fished you just don't know. Not everyone loves it or even likes it, but every person I have ever met that has been there and fished, love it. Whether you fish for bass, pike, walleye or musky.

Something really cool I have not noticed before, there is a souvenir store in International Falls, MN, Border Bobs, that has a replica mount of the world record walleye caught on Old Hickory lake. It is so big it doesn't look real.