View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 12:42 PM
Dakota S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I should have went further up the lake. I screwed up by making the assumption the lower end would have the cleanest water. It was almost like an algae bloom. In a lot of places it looked like there was oil in the water. Like streaks of brown that wasn't mixing with the waterand it had a shiny sheen to it. I was fishing down a bluff wall behind a boat and I even went up to them to let them know they may have an oil leak because of what I was seeing. Then I moved around and kept seeing it. I'm not proud of the way I fished yesterday. With the water temperature and time of year I just couldn't leave the bank and that was a mistake. I never adjusted. Im glad you had a good day and I wish I would have ran up the lake a bit. I know better. Good luck next time out.

I actually went to Suggs thinking it would be clearer than Longhunter area. LH was pretty good too, was surprised for sure. I also know there were two bass tournaments out of Long Hunter I was lucky to get a spot to park. They were parking on the road way down from the ramp. From about 2 to 5 it was really nice on the lake when all the bass tourney guys finished up. I’ll sure you’ll catch em next time out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk