View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Texas Rig we probably passed each other at some point. I put in around 12 at Long Hunter and caught about 14 trolling ARigs for hybrid, white bass and did catch a few striper. I was mostly between LH and Hong Kong. I did make a run to Suggs and caught a few fish but yes the water in Suggs had a funky look. Water was better between LH and HK. Water temp was a bout 57-60. In 20-30 FOW trolling about 15 feet. Biggest Hybrid was 4.5 and fought like a 8lber. All fish has big bellys for sure. Cant wait to get out again.
Dakota
I should have went further up the lake. I screwed up by making the assumption the lower end would have the cleanest water. It was almost like an algae bloom. In a lot of places it looked like there was oil in the water. Like streaks of brown that wasn't mixing with the waterand it had a shiny sheen to it. I was fishing down a bluff wall behind a boat and I even went up to them to let them know they may have an oil leak because of what I was seeing. Then I moved around and kept seeing it. I'm not proud of the way I fished yesterday. With the water temperature and time of year I just couldn't leave the bank and that was a mistake. I never adjusted. Im glad you had a good day and I wish I would have ran up the lake a bit. I know better. Good luck next time out.